Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

do you think

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
PCOS is cureable?

Reason im asking is I had it but since I had my dd it seems its diffrent. I am bf and finally. Got my 1st pp at 6 month now my af is every month where befor it was hardly ever here had to take met to controle it. Also I have been useing the clearblue fertility monitor (I did with my first to) and its actially telling me I oed with no interventions. So thats why im askibg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsBeres
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Yes. My cousin had it for years and was able to reverse it through diet and exercise. She no longer has it and recently had a baby boy.
chrissydan
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM
That gives me so much hope. I syill workout and eat realtivly healthy trying to lose some more pounds befor I got pregnant and started working out I was 207 at my highest weight then droped 35 pounds and was 175 when I found out o was pregnant I of course gained baby weight which I lost and now im slowly loseing pound by pound and ttc#2 and was wanting some insight.

The only thing that makes me wonder is I still have exssive facial hair not as bad as it was when I was heavier but its still here wonder if its just because I was having to wax and so its just always going to be there..

Sorry for rambling

Quoting MrsBeres:

Yes. My cousin had it for years and was able to reverse it through diet and exercise. She no longer has it and recently had a baby boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I was able to reverse the effects of pcos through diet and exercise, too, but its not curable. I was 274 lbs and I had all the classic physical effects like facial hair, dark skin patches, uncontrollable bleeding and no ovulation. After I lost 130 lbs, my physical effects disappeared and I began to ovulate and got pregnant. I also began to have my period while I was breast feeding and got pregnant again when my baby was 7 months old. It's controllable, not curable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I'm not sure curable would be the right term, but from what I've read you can get it under control. I lost weight and my symptoms went away, but I always had regular periods, so...

I still have my chin whiskers lol, but I am still working on losing weight.

just keep up being healthy and you can control it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)