Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting a BFP after stopping clomid?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? My DH has to have a semen analysis done and my dr. doesn't want to pump me with more clomid until we get the results. I was supposed to start today CD5. Now I am missing my window for the month. So I googled stopping clomid and all these results came up that ladies got a BFP the month they stopped. Really? Makes me want to try. That would be so awesome! Anyone have a promising story :)

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angray08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Me!! I was on clomid for 3 months..the 2nd month on it I got pregnant but miscarried..month 3 I had no luck. The first month off of it (hubby needed a sa too) I didn't chart, track or anything. Literally had sex twice. Im now 6 weeks pregnant! This is after 17 months of ttc so the one month I honestly thought I was out.. it happened.
froyogal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow that is so cool. I thought I was out all together this month, but now I am going to definitely try. Thanks so much! Congratulations to you that is a great story :) 

Camsmommy12
by Christina on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Quoting angray08:

Me!! I was on clomid for 3 months..the 2nd month on it I got pregnant but miscarried..month 3 I had no luck. The first month off of it (hubby needed a sa too) I didn't chart, track or anything. Literally had sex twice. Im now 6 weeks pregnant! This is after 17 months of ttc so the one month I honestly thought I was out.. it happened.

Congrats, and H*H 9 months. I hope that I can come and post a story like that. We also have been trying for about 17 or so months. I have so much hope hearing your story :) :) Thanks sooo much for sharing!!
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
angray08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Thank you! I'm glad I could give you hope, don't give up! Like I said it'll happen when you least expect it! Good luck :)

Quoting Camsmommy12:

Quoting angray08:

Congrats, and H*H 9 months. I hope that I can come and post a story like that. We also have been trying for about 17 or so months. I have so much hope hearing your story :) :) Thanks sooo much for sharing!!

Camsmommy12
by Christina on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting angray08:

My DH had a SA done came back SUPER LOW. He went through his doctor to get the test done. My doctor wanted to get him checked. Well I have fibroid's in my uterus along with cyst on my ovaries, and irregular periods. My doctor put me back on the pill for about 4 months or so to shrink my fibroids and cyst so he could start me on clomid. Well I just took my last pill pack last month, and on CD 5 (it's exciting to start actually trying again). I am going to go get a U/S at some point this month to see if things shrunk, and then hopefully start my first round of clomid. I am hoping for this soooo much!!
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Ttucker1981
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

my neighbor was clomid for a few months but than she lost a family member so she forgot to take it, wasn't even trying and ended up pregnant. She is due later this month with twin girls (fraternal)

kande09
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I took it for 9 cycles and the month I stopped I got pregnant. I miscarried but It did happen!
froyogal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Wow Thanks Ladies. I am so excited for this month now. You all give me hope, which is exactly what I need during this long process.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It happened that way both times I was on it. With baby #2 it was a few months later, and with baby #4 it was a month. Clomid doesn't work for me, if I O at all on it I believe it thins my linning to much to allow for healthy implantation!

babygrashopper
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM

after my cus had her twins on clomid after she got the go ahead to do the deed again it was like she caughed and she had her third . so 3 kiddos with in two years. her first two weren't one yet before she got prego again.....so I guess it is different for everyone she was super fertal right after she said 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured