Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Jealousy of other Prego Women

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 28 Replies
I am currently TTC. I am new at this and hold all the women who have been TTC for a long time in my thoughts and prayers. I have missed my AF for two weeks now but blood work showed negative for pregnancy.

My question is: When you started TTC did you notice that everyone around you seemed to get pregnant at the same time? Most said they were not even trying! Just "oops I'm Prego" did anyone else feel this way? I cry when I hear of others pregnancy. Just being honest. How do I relax and enjoy the ride? What ways have you or someone you know coped with this problem?
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffa5ny
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Oh yes, I've been there. When you start TTC, you're much more aware of anything baby related. I've seen a lot of women that practically fell on top of the guy and got knocked up. You're not alone, and it's not easy. One day you'll get your BFP, and when you do somebody is going to be just as jealous of you as you were of those women. Our time will come.

sarahsmommy430
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
One of my inlaws had a baby in April i had just had ectopic pregnancy in March and i was so upset i avoided all family get togethers until i found out i was pregnant. My little sister is also expecting in about two weeks, i avoided her to subconsciously of course now i feel somewhat guilty because I've basically missed her whole pregnancy in resentment that she got pregnant by surprise. I guess if its someone your close with try not to be upset with them, if its someone your not very close to just avoid em. Your time will come, the more you stress the longer it takes. Both of my pregnancies happened when i quit trying.
mama2lilboys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM
So am I.
EAzizM
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We are going on two years and it makes me more upset now than when we first started...but I have learned to handle my emotions. Good luck.
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Sometimes it occurs to me that for every pregnant belly you see walking around in a crowd, there is probably one or two empty ones right behind them struggling w TTC that you have no idea about. It's so easy to get wrapped up in feeling that jealousy of other's pregnancy joy that you forget you aren't alone in wanting that for yourself. I think it's a very normal feeling, though. It's tough, but you'll get through. Just try to focus on all the things you DO have, and keep on doing what you can to complete your TTC journey. It's all you can do, really.
Latriciat23
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Yes, I know what you feel like. Even tv stars everywhere someone is prego. My brother in law girlfriend ttc for one month and they are getting ready to have there son and my dh an I have two wonderful boys but we have been ttc for 5 years. Its hard I hope it gets better. 

Mother of 2 boys wife of 1 great man ttc baby #3

BrittKach
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't think about it like that. But thanks you are right. Your baby senses just flare.

Quoting tiffa5ny:

Oh yes, I've been there. When you start TTC, you're much more aware of anything baby related. I've seen a lot of women that practically fell on top of the guy and got knocked up. You're not alone, and it's not easy. One day you'll get your BFP, and when you do somebody is going to be just as jealous of you as you were of those women. Our time will come.

BrittKach
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Thank you for advice. I shouldn't miss out on celebrating their baby. I want them to celebrate mine one day.

Quoting sarahsmommy430:

One of my inlaws had a baby in April i had just had ectopic pregnancy in March and i was so upset i avoided all family get togethers until i found out i was pregnant. My little sister is also expecting in about two weeks, i avoided her to subconsciously of course now i feel somewhat guilty because I've basically missed her whole pregnancy in resentment that she got pregnant by surprise. I guess if its someone your close with try not to be upset with them, if its someone your not very close to just avoid em. Your time will come, the more you stress the longer it takes. Both of my pregnancies happened when i quit trying.

BrittKach
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Good luck.

Quoting mama2lilboys:

So am I.

BrittKach
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I had no idea how many woman struggle with this. It's not something you see on tv often. They teach you in school you have unprotected sex and poof your Prego! But in reality it isn't like that at all.

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Sometimes it occurs to me that for every pregnant belly you see walking around in a crowd, there is probably one or two empty ones right behind them struggling w TTC that you have no idea about. It's so easy to get wrapped up in feeling that jealousy of other's pregnancy joy that you forget you aren't alone in wanting that for yourself. I think it's a very normal feeling, though. It's tough, but you'll get through. Just try to focus on all the things you DO have, and keep on doing what you can to complete your TTC journey. It's all you can do, really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN