Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

do I have any sort of shot or no

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok long story short I am useing 2 forms of opk I am useing a dig clearblue and the clearblue fertility monitor.

Last week monitor said I oed on cd 16/17 so that would make me 4/5 dpo..

TODAY dig gave me a + test as well

Here is my issue last time dh and I bd was last tues at 11 pm I used a softcup we will not be able to bd until tues 7/2 do I still have some shot of catching that egg????

(Please note no I am not temping this cycle due to other things and yes I do no how much more accuret temping is so shall start next cycle)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM

The problem is that the OPKs only tell you that you are having an LH surge, not confirming an actual egg drop.  Some people will report similar cases of multiple +opks in a cycle.  Maybe meaning your body was gearing up to o earlier on but didn't actually and then actually o'd later...or maybe didn't actually o at all.  Temping is the only way to know for sure that you actually o'd

Assuming your +OPK is correct today and you are about to o, that window is 12-48 hours from the beginning of that surge.  If you haven't bd'd since last week and don't plan to bd again for 2 more days, you probably won't catch that window.  MAYBE if you o on the end of the window and you bd early early in the morning... 

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM

how long have you been using the monitor? if its been over 3 months Id say go with what the monitor says.. it takes 3 months for it to learn your body and what its doing. 

chrissydan
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I was afried of that.

Dh is a trucker he wont be home tell late on tues. Such is life guess there is always next cycle.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

The problem is that the OPKs only tell you that you are having an LH surge, not confirming an actual egg drop.  Some people will report similar cases of multiple +opks in a cycle.  Maybe meaning your body was gearing up to o earlier on but didn't actually and then actually o'd later...or maybe didn't actually o at all.  Temping is the only way to know for sure that you actually o'd

Assuming your +OPK is correct today and you are about to o, that window is 12-48 hours from the beginning of that surge.  If you haven't o'd since last week and don't plan to o again for 2 more days, you probably won't catch that window.  MAYBE if you o on the end of the window and you bd early early in the morning... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
The monitor I have used off and on. I got pregnant useing it (I was also useing dig to but that timr both gave me + on same days)

So the monitor knows me very well ib fact last month I got a + dig and mobitor at the same time as well but dh was gone.

Just kinda stressed with this.

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

how long have you been using the monitor? if its been over 3 months Id say go with what the monitor says.. it takes 3 months for it to learn your body and what its doing. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpeasmom200
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I used the monitor in the past and didn't like it, I use the digitals now and decided to temp this month just to make sure im ovulating.  I think maybe you should start temping just to make sure!  Good Luck!

chrissydan
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I'm going to I didnt because im still bf dd and she still sometimes wakes at night and so I was concered it would not be accuret with me getting up and down at diffrent times during the night. Buy going to this next cycle to see what I get im also a piss poor sleeper

Quoting sweetpeasmom200:

I used the monitor in the past and didn't like it, I use the digitals now and decided to temp this month just to make sure im ovulating.  I think maybe you should start temping just to make sure!  Good Luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)