Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby fever...too early to start TTC again..

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 19 Replies

My daughter is less than six months old, and I'm already wanting another. When I sit and think to myself "I want another" I tried to shake the feeling off, because I feel that it's too early, but then I think "She could have a sister or brother, a best friend, they'd be so close growing up.." Then I think that it'd be hard work, I just don't know. My sister had her youngest two 11 months apart(on accident, haha) they're best friends, and the older one always protects the younger one, it's cute. I just don't know, I'm not officially trying to conceive, but then again, I'm not..not trying either. Do you think I should wait at least a year? Or?

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:46 AM
That is a very personal decision that only you can make. I want to have our kids close together too. :) Good luck.
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:22 AM

That depends on what You can handle and your SO.

i waited 11 years lol. I'm happy though, I like the space, I'm a much mellower momma.

MissJordy
by Jordy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Its completely up to you! :) I'm 5 years older then my sister and 13 years older then my other sister (so she's only 7 now!) and those are too far apart.. We never liked the same stuff at the same time and I wish we'd been born closer. In saying that I love both my sisters dearly :) and you can never guarantee 2 siblings will get on.

ttcbluex3pink
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:50 AM
I'm in the same situation as u. As I'd ratherhabe another now then to wait till I'm older as 35 the risks go up . I'm almost there. And dh isnon board as well. Best wishes . Hope u get another baby soon. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:09 AM
before I had to stop ttc we started ttc when dd was 8 weeks old
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:54 AM

My boys are 20 months apart & I love the age gap. Yes, it was more work at first, but it's awesome for them. They've been bffs since at least the younger one was a month. He started smiling then & gave most of his smiles to his big brother. So, I say go for it! Lots of work, but well worth it.

It is a personal decision, though, no right or wrong answer.

MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Everyone's right, it's a very personal decision. I faced the same decision and decided I to ttc again as soon as I could after my daughter was born last year. I got pregnant when she was just about 7 months old and there will be a 15-16 month age gap between these two. Some of the factors that helped me make my decision were my age (34), the fact that I had trouble concieving before and didn't know if it would take a long time, and the fact that my older children are twins and they have each other- I didn't want my little baby to be left out, I wanted her to have a close sibling.
ambs86
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I have it both ways and honestly dont know which i like more. My first two are only 18 months apart and they are best friends. My second and third are 2 years apart and they are close too. They all 3 play together. But then we decided to have a 4th, we didnt know it would take so long to conceive. He is just a few months shy of being 4 years younger thenn his older brother. I find with him I am more mellow and have way more patience! So both ways were good for us, you just have to decide whats right for you and ur family.
supermillerMom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I don't think it's too early at all - if you want another baby then you want another baby! My grandma has three and they're all about a year apart.  She swears if she could she would've had at least one more.  She said she loved having them all in diapers, then all in school, then all gone.  I wish I could've convinced dh to start again right away.  Ds will be  three in November.  We've been trying for about 18 mos and I'm starting to panic.  (I'm 37 and dh is 40.  We were going to stop trying after his 40th bday.  Hopefully that's not the case anymore.) 

Mom2five87
by Jennifer on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Our youngest is a month old and I already get that feeling sometimes. LOL. But it will a long while before we have another... If ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured