Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Baby fever...too early to start TTC again..

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is less than six months old, and I'm already wanting another. When I sit and think to myself "I want another" I tried to shake the feeling off, because I feel that it's too early, but then I think "She could have a sister or brother, a best friend, they'd be so close growing up.." Then I think that it'd be hard work, I just don't know. My sister had her youngest two 11 months apart(on accident, haha) they're best friends, and the older one always protects the younger one, it's cute. I just don't know, I'm not officially trying to conceive, but then again, I'm not..not trying either. Do you think I should wait at least a year? Or?

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Replies (11-19):
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM
My youngest 2 are 15 1/2 months apart and I personally love that age gap. My other age gaps ate 2yrs between 1&2 and 2 1/2 between 2&3. I know that those aren't huge age gaps either but the closer age gap just seem better. They don't fight with each other as much as even the 2yr mark age gap.
mhoelzer2988
by Meagan on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I wouldnt wait because u never know how long it will take to conceive. I wish I would have had my sons closer together, theyre 3 yrs and 3 days apart and I wish we would have started
Ttc our 3rd sooner because we just started in feb and I didnt think itd take this long honestly because it only took 5 months for my 2nd and 8 months for my 1st. Now theres no telling how far apart in age my 3rd will be from its brothers. I would have started ttc sooner if it wasnt for my husband, he just got on board in feb with ttc. He doesnt realize it can take a while. He thinks I can get pregnant after a few tries. Wrong. So yeah if I was u id start now.
mysty923
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

it is for sure not too early

They are so much better off when they are close together

GL

sweetpeasmom200
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I think if you feel in your heart that its time than try!  It will be a lot of work but if you want then to be close in age and have that bond then it will be worth it!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM

We always started TTC again immediately. It took us 12 mns to 2 1/2 yrs to concieve again! I say go for it!

lovelikethis721
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Well I started TTC again before DD turned 1 because I want my kids close in age. If you and your SO both feel that you guys could handle having another baby now then by all means start TTC. It is definitely a desicion that only you and your SO can make. 

ariesmommy84
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM
My DD is almost 9 months old and I'm 16 weeks pregnant. My oldest is 6. I'm tired a lot. We didn't do this on purpose. I know ill be tired but in the end I think I will love it!
jjmmcc
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM

It can take some time to get pregnant so I say go for it. Gl!!! :)

nlallison2351
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM

i had my first two 16 months apart...it wasnt that bad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)