Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This May Be A Stupid Question, But...

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
I know it's possible for women to become pregnant if they ovulate later in their cycle still, but is it true that the sooner you ovulate, the better? I'm just asking because on Clomid, I was ovulating on cycle day 17, and on Femara, I am ovulating on day 15. It's not a huge difference, but it makes me excited anyway. Didn't know if maybe I'm getting my hopes up and getting all excited for nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:18 AM

As far as I know you just want at least 14 days between ovulation and af. Some people just have longer cycles because they ovulate later.

my nd did say she would like to see me ovulate closer to day 14, but that really we want a longer LP, I have low progesterone.

KJ786
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I always seem to get my period exactly two weeks after I get a positive OPK, so I guess I am okay? :)

Quoting ZennMomma:

As far as I know you just want at least 14 days between ovulation and af. Some people just have longer cycles because they ovulate later.

my nd did say she would like to see me ovulate closer to day 14, but that really we want a longer LP, I have low progesterone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpeasmom200
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I O'd with my daughter on day 25 and got pregnant but I have noticed that on femara it has bumped by O up to what appears to be day 15 I dont know for sure because that is tomorrow and Im still getting positive OPK's but for sure fertility medication seems to make you ovulate sooner!  Good Luck!

Ilovebnamommy08
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Well, ask your doc what they think? 

I was told as long as your LP is long enough you *should* be ok :)

Quoting KJ786:

I always seem to get my period exactly two weeks after I get a positive OPK, so I guess I am okay? :)

Quoting ZennMomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)