Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible to concieve 7-8 days before period?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 1 Replies
Hey Everyone! So heres my story. My husband and I had sex the 16-18th of june (he works out of town so we tried to do it as many times as possible =) Hes back working out of town so now i have to wait to comes home to try again :( But anyway, I started spotting on the 23rd of june but did not get a full blown period until the 25th of june. Is it still a chance I can get pregnant? I know its not likely I'm pregnant but hey, its worth a try ya know. Also, I have read stories that some people can get pregnant and this actually happened to my friend. She tested 8 weeks later and got a positive result (before that she kept getting negatives). She also had to actually go to the doctor to get a blood test. Any other success stories??? This is soooo much more complicated than I thought it would be.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Assuming I'm reading your post right, no you probably are not.  The egg needs a luteal phase of a least 10 days to travel and implant so less than 10 days is considered a luteal defect.  you most likely ovulated much earlier than the 16th so you would have missed the egg

I suggest getting the book Taking Charge of your Fertility so you can understand how the process works as well as how to figure out your own personal cycle.  It can be super confusing for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)