Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Confused on dpo

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 27 Replies

So I got my positive opk today cd 12. How do I calculate my dpo? confused

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM

If you aren't temping then you have to guess.  They estimate that o occurs 12-48 hours after the surge starts so if you wanted to err on the side of caution, you could assume you won't o for another day - day and a half and just count cd14 as your o day.  Then you can have in the back of your mind that you may be a day or so further along then you thought ;)

junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I am temping I just did not temp last night cause it was a bad night with a bad migranie so I did not get much sleep at all :(. I probly screwd my tepming up now. Ah ok.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

If you aren't temping then you have to guess.  They estimate the o occurs 12-48 hours after the surge starts so if you wanted to err on the side of caution, you could assume you won't o for another day - day and a half and just count cd14 as your o day.  Then you can have in the back of your mind that you may be a day or so further along then you thought ;)

babie113
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

tomorrow you are 1 dpo if you feel the pains today and get the temp increace in the am .

junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I have been getting pain on my left side today. Even though I could not temp last night due to being up from a migrane I will be ok to temp in the am again?

Quoting babie113:

tomorrow you are 1 dpo if you feel the pains today and get the temp increace in the am .

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

i downloaded a "book" from FF on my Kindle and they recommend you always continue temping even if sleep or temp time is thrown off.  They say don't even really adjust your temps, just make a note of the circumstances.  Just keep temping from now on and hopfully you'll see a jump tomorrow or the next day.  Chances are you haven't o'd yet or will late tonight at the earliest.  Good luck!

Quoting junelove8291:

I am temping I just did not temp last night cause it was a bad night with a bad migranie so I did not get much sleep at all :(. I probly screwd my tepming up now. Ah ok.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

If you aren't temping then you have to guess.  They estimate the o occurs 12-48 hours after the surge starts so if you wanted to err on the side of caution, you could assume you won't o for another day - day and a half and just count cd14 as your o day.  Then you can have in the back of your mind that you may be a day or so further along then you thought ;)

babie113
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM

yup skipping  a day here and there is fine

Quoting junelove8291:

I have been getting pain on my left side today. Even though I could not temp last night due to being up from a migrane I will be ok to temp in the am again?

Quoting babie113:

junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Ah ok. I did not know that. I will do that. Thank you for your help.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

i downloaded a "book" from FF on my Kindle and they recommend you always continue temping even if sleep or temp time is thrown off.  They say don't even really adjust your temps, just make a note of the circumstances.  Just keep temping from now on and hopfully you'll see a jump tomorrow or the next day.  Chances are you haven't o'd yet or will late tonight at the earliest.  Good luck!

Quoting junelove8291:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Oh ok. Luvmy2babies22 said it was not a good idea to skip. This is my first time temping too.

Quoting babie113:

Quoting junelove8291:

Quoting babie113:

junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM

SHould I just temo now?

Quoting junelove8291:

Ah ok. I did not know that. I will do that. Thank you for your help.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting junelove8291:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

babie113
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM

well shes mistaken .its not a big deal to miss one here and there

Quoting junelove8291:

Oh ok. Luvmy2babies22 said it was not a good idea to skip. This is my first time temping too.

Quoting babie113:

Quoting junelove8291:

Quoting babie113:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN