Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First IUI in September

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi all, I will be doing my first IUI in September & I'm already nervous about the outcome. My RE says he's gonna start me off with:

1. fertility blends
  2. blood works
  3. injectables cd3-7
  4. ultrasound
  5. injectables again
  6. more ultrasound
  7. all being well hcg trigger shot (he's aiming for 4 eggs)
  8. semen wash & procedure
  9. then more shots
  10. wait 2 weeks for pg test

Was this the way yours was done if you had done IUI? All this cost almost $1,000 equivalent to JA$100,000.00 ( I live in Jamaica)

Any advice anyone one want to share? Thanks for reading :))

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I've had three IUIs, but none of mine were monitored, so mine was a lot more simple. I did two IUIs on Clomid, and one on Femara. I tested for ovulation with OPKs at home, and then had my IUI scheduled for the next day. And then waited for my period. None resulted in pregnancy for me, so I hope you have better results! :) At least with the ultrasound and being monitored, you will know where you stand and what is going on. I wish that was the case for me, but my insurance doesn't cover any of it, and we paid $400 out of pocket for each IUI cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tashy27
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Quoting KJ786:

I've had three IUIs, but none of mine were monitored, so mine was a lot more simple. I did two IUIs on Clomid, and one on Femara. I tested for ovulation with OPKs at home, and then had my IUI scheduled for the next day. And then waited for my period. None resulted in pregnancy for me, so I hope you have better results! :) At least with the ultrasound and being monitored, you will know where you stand and what is going on. I wish that was the case for me, but my insurance doesn't cover any of it, and we paid $400 out of pocket for each IUI cycle.

Awww sorry to hear none of them were monitered and that u didn't get preggo. I wish u luck in whatever else ur trying to do, my doc is the greatest he told me he doesn't use clomid on his patient as it's a waste of time and that he just suggest they do injectables and he said he also aim to have aleast 4 mature eggs to work with. But if the patient want to try the clomid/femera he let them try it.

Good luck and all the best :)

tashy27
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

BUMP!

over40bride
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Wow! You are doing a lot of injectibles.

I have had 3 IUIs.

Femera CD 3-7

CD3 ultrasound

FSH injections CD 3, 5, 7 and 9

CD10 ultrasound

Trigger shot.

IUI

Cost approx

Femera $12

US $275

FSH $600

US $275

IUI with semen wash $575

tashy27
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quoting over40bride:

I have had 3 IUIs.

Femera CD 3-7

CD3 ultrasound

CD10 ultrasound

Trigger shot.

IUI

Cost approx

Femera $12

US $275

FSH $600

US $275

IUI with semen wash $575

I'm just doing 2 sets of injectables the rest are different type of shots, I see where u took femera but I'm doing injectables instead. Your iui cost $1,737? wow

Thanks for the breakdown in cost helps alot.

over40bride
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tashy27:

Quoting over40bride:

I have had 3 IUIs.

Femera CD 3-7

CD3 ultrasound

CD10 ultrasound

Trigger shot.

IUI

Cost approx

Femera $12

US $275

FSH $600

US $275

IUI with semen wash $575

I'm just doing 2 sets of injectables the rest are different type of shots, I see where u took femera but I'm doing injectables instead. Your iui cost $1,737? wow

Yeah, The costs sux and that is with a coupon for the FSH.

Good luck to you. FX you catch an egg or two!

mdawn028
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs hon I sure Hope you get pregnant sweety that sound very expensive. Hugs
Dawna

Quoting tashy27:

Hi all, I will be doing my first IUI in September & I'm already nervous about the outcome. My RE says he's gonna start me off with:

1. fertility blends

2. blood works

3. injectables cd3-7

4. ultrasound

5. injectables again

6. more ultrasound

7. all being well hcg trigger shot (he's aiming for 4 eggs)

8. semen wash & procedure

9. then more shots

10. wait 2 weeks for pg test

Was this the way yours was done if you had done IUI? All this cost almost $1,000 equivalent to JA$100,000.00 ( I live in Jamaica)

Any advice anyone one want to share? Thanks for reading :))

tashy27
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Thank you, I sure hope so

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting tashy27:

Quoting over40bride:

I have had 3 IUIs.

Femera CD 3-7

CD3 ultrasound

CD10 ultrasound

Trigger shot.

IUI

Cost approx

Femera $12

US $275

FSH $600

US $275

IUI with semen wash $575

Yeah, The costs sux and that is with a coupon for the FSH.

Good luck to you. FX you catch an egg or two!

KJ786
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I didn't really care for Clomid either. I don't think it did much for me, although I did get positive OPKs. I like Femara a lot better, this is only my second month on, and I already feel like it works better for me. I would like to try injectables sometimes, too. Anyway, thank you, and good luck to you, as well! :)

Quoting tashy27:

Quoting KJ786:

Awww sorry to hear none of them were monitered and that u didn't get preggo. I wish u luck in whatever else ur trying to do, my doc is the greatest he told me he doesn't use clomid on his patient as it's a waste of time and that he just suggest they do injectables and he said he also aim to have aleast 4 mature eggs to work with. But if the patient want to try the clomid/femera he let them try it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tashy27
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Ur welcome hun...wish they had sold it here cause I would def try it too.

Quoting KJ786:

I didn't really care for Clomid either. I don't think it did much for me, although I did get positive OPKs. I like Femara a lot better, this is only my second month on, and I already feel like it works better for me. I would like to try injectables sometimes, too. Anyway, thank you, and good luck to you, as well! :)

Quoting tashy27:

Quoting KJ786:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)