Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does oral progesterone affect cd 21 blood results?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got my cd 21bloodwork results back today. Only 11.6. Nurse didn't seem concerned. Said I ovulated. On femara and this is the lowest it ever been. 1st month it was 13. 2nd month 18. 3rd month 23.4 and now round 4 11.6. I also been taking 100 mg oral progesterone since 3 dpo. Was spotting 3 dpo. Do you know if that could of affected my results? I feel I am totally out and don't stand a chance this month :(. I had all the signs of O though
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mdawn028
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I'm not sure hon Hope you get pregnant soon. Hugs
Dawna
Hope you are pregnant.

Quoting cajungal76:

I got my cd 21bloodwork results back today. Only 11.6. Nurse didn't seem concerned. Said I ovulated. On femara and this is the lowest it ever been. 1st month it was 13. 2nd month 18. 3rd month 23.4 and now round 4 11.6. I also been taking 100 mg oral progesterone since 3 dpo. Was spotting 3 dpo. Do you know if that could of affected my results? I feel I am totally out and don't stand a chance this month :(. I had all the signs of O though

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yes, it does.  My OB didn't test my prog level my last cycle on Clomid because we knew I'd O (due to trigger shot, plus I was charting my temps) and I was on a prog supplement.  So there was no point in finding out the #.  I'm not sure how much it affects it, though, and the oral method is the least effective.

cajungal76
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I had a peak on my monitor on cd 13 and 14. Loads of egg white CM. lots of cramping, that felt like severe indigestion. So bad that I threw up. I started spotting about 3 dpo. It lasted an hour. I started the progesterone that night 3 dpo. So it was prob even lower than 11.6. Without it. Seems strange for it to be so low as this ovulation seemed the strongest it ever been.
sweetpeasmom200
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM

If anything I would think they would make your numbers go up!  Maybe you need a stronger dose of femara to give you a better Ovulation?  I had to go up in the dosage as well up to 7.5mg  Good Luck and Baby dust!

cajungal76
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My doctor won't up my dose. I am only on 2.5. Already asked him. He said I am ovulating and there is no need. But my number last month was 23.4 so was having very strong ovulation and that was with no trigger. Just hoping this month was an off month. The nurse didn't seem concerned because she is convinced I ovulated. She said she had patients become pregnant with a number as low as 9. I am not spotting at all or anything, and my temp this morning was 98.17.
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM
What does your chart look like? That's a better indication...

Also when you spotted did you have a temp dip?
cajungal76
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I didn't chart and haven't been faithful with tempting every single day. I get up to pee at least twice during the night. And DH always messes me up by trying to get me to talk before I can even grab the thermometer by my nightstand. It shot up to 98.89 right after O. Can't remember what it was at 3 dpo when I had the spotting. Then it hovered around 97.90 for several days. Which is low for me because I am usually always over 98 after O. Then I was 98.17 this morning.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM

You clearly O'd since you had the temp spike after ovulation & didn't start progesterone until you were 3DPO.  So there is no doubt about that.

While it would be nice to see higher than 11.6, it is high enough to show ovulation and is high enough to help the developing baby if you do implant.  11.6 is high enough to make your uterine lining nice & chushy for implantation.  Again, that's what's important, not exactly how high your prog # is.

cajungal76
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Thanks. Feel zero symptoms. Feel no different. The nurse said it can fluctuate from month to month. Everything I am reading online said it should be over 15 on a medicated cycle. But the nurse was not concerned at all. Guess I was bummed that it was so low this month. Was so happy that it was 23.4 last month. Such a huge difference. AF is due Sunday, will continue the progesterone til she shows her ugly face.
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
The temp spike shows you o'ed, all you can really do is wait and see what happens.

Good luck and baby dust!

Quoting cajungal76:

I didn't chart and haven't been faithful with tempting every single day. I get up to pee at least twice during the night. And DH always messes me up by trying to get me to talk before I can even grab the thermometer by my nightstand. It shot up to 98.89 right after O. Can't remember what it was at 3 dpo when I had the spotting. Then it hovered around 97.90 for several days. Which is low for me because I am usually always over 98 after O. Then I was 98.17 this morning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)