Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I expect!!?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

My first time doing IUI? I go see my new OB friday and I'm pretty sure that IUI will be my next step since clomid failed after almost 2 years, so i was just wondering what are some things I should expect before, during, and after the procedure?

Thanks!! :)

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gmoen1977
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Was very medical, like a pap.  Injected laid ther 5 minutes and sent home.  Before it was many ultrasounds watching for folical size.  If doing triggers then iui will be based on when that happens.  Otherwise based on size of folicals.  No didnt get pregnant 3 or 4 cycles that I did. 

Instead I got pregnant naturally with my SO of 5 months. Sadly lost the pregnancy 16 days ago.

KJ786
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had three IUIs done, two with Clomid and one with Femara. The procedure itself is very quick and painless. It only lasts a couple of seconds, and is nothing more uncomfortable than a Pap smear. After the procedure, you should expect a little bit of cramping and you may even spot a little (I never did, but my doctor warned me of it). It's nothing to worry about. Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mdawn028
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I'm not sure I never had it done but I hope everything goes well for you.Hope you get pregnant soon hon. hugs keep me posted.
Dawna

Quoting auburngirl814:

My first time doing IUI? I go see my new OB friday and I'm pretty sure that IUI will be my next step since clomid failed after almost 2 years, so i was just wondering what are some things I should expect before, during, and after the procedure?

Thanks!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)