Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here with question

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok I just joined today I might say a little bit more about my journey when not in my phone but I had a question. I am suppose to call my obgyn when I start my period and they want me to try clomed? Or another similar medicine I think it starts with a T. I plan on asking more question then but have you used it? What are the side effects? Which one do you prefer and why. Thanks
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sunflower970
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I have never had to take any fertility medication but I just wanted to say "Welcome!"

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I have been on Clomid and Femara so I am not sure what starts with a T. If you do Clomid make sure and take it before bed to avoid side effects from it. Good luck

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I used Clomid & have heard of Femara.  Maybe you're also thinking of the trigger shot?  The trigger shot is used in addition to Clomid to make sure you O - it causes ovulation to happen 36-48 hours after the shot.

I never have symptoms from Clomid.  I have had stronger O pains with the trigger shot, but nothing too bad.  You do have to be careful to not test too early if you get the trigger shot because it is hcg & will give positive pregnancy tests until it all leaves your system.

sweetpeasmom200
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I have been on clomid before and I never ovulated on it but I did take it at night so you will sleep through most of the side effects.  It did give me bad hot flashed and mod swings.  I took femara this time and like it much better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)