Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth control or no?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 6 Replies
so as some of you know me and my husband decided to wait to try to conceive till March but I don't know if I should stop my depo shot and not do anything at all or if I should get on a different type of birth control the pill was what got me pregnant with my daughter and I'm scared to try anything really lol any advice? Pleaser no bashing
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mataya2011
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM

With Depo for me it took forever to get out of my system. How long have you been on the depo shot?

proudmommy7663
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Since November
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

If it were me I would stop Depo asap that stuff is evil and ladies who had children before getting Depo had no issues but after stopping Depo took years to have another and it can take up to 18months to get out of your system. Try something like Nuvaring if you do not like dealing with pills.

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM
My friend was on depo for years and stopped in September and conceived in January. So it took her 4 months, mind you she wasn't temping o anything just good old bd a lot.
As for the pill I was on it forever and got preggo two weeks after stopping.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I personally would stop it & use other bc or take your chances.  I do something non-hormonal, though, since its getting the hormones out of your system that can take a while & cause issues.

ms.keisha17
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Please don't do depo it's Evil lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)