Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling stressed :(

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

When I was TTC my DD2, the ladies in here were AMAZING. It took us 16 months to get a BFP, but dammit we did it, lol. I come back to yall, feeling stressed.

DD2 is 16 months old and we're still nursing (she's showing no signs of weaning). I didn't get my period back until 12 months PP on March 16. I didn't get one in April. I got it again on May 2. Then again on June 10. It's now July 16 and nothing. I've had some cramping for about a week now, and that's it.

DH thinks I'm crazy. He says there's no point in testing because my period will show up pretty soon, and he's most likely right. He won't go get me a test because he expects my period any day now. One of the day we DTD though, I had EWCM earlier that day so obviously there's a little voice in the back of my mind saying "Hey it's possible"...but considering how long we tried for DD2, I seriously doubt there's any chance.

Anyone know anything about breastfeeding with wonky periods and TTC? Help.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Bump. Good luck! I'd get an .88 test at least but I'm an addict lol. 

robibuni
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I could go to Dollar Tree down the street but I'm so convinced I'm not, I'm not even gonna bother buying a test :/

Quoting DavonnaC:

Bump. Good luck! I'd get an .88 test at least but I'm an addict lol. 

robibuni
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Bump!
MissJordy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I breastfed for 21 months and didn't get my first period until 18 months after birth (woohoo!) So I don't know about breastfeeding and periods being regular. If you don't think you are (even though its possible everytime you have sex) then you don't need to test :) Nobodys going to make you and it can always wait if you want to. Good luck!

robibuni
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Well, there's a nagging voice at the back of my head telling me its possible.

I had EWCM the same day DH and I DTD, so I'm thinking it might be possible, yknow?

I'm just not sure what to think overall.

Quoting MissJordy:

I breastfed for 21 months and didn't get my first period until 18 months after birth (woohoo!) So I don't know about breastfeeding and periods being regular. If you don't think you are (even though its possible everytime you have sex) then you don't need to test :) Nobodys going to make you and it can always wait if you want to. Good luck!

Andylund
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM
U could be
MissJordy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM

It is possible. It took us 2 months to concieve (unfortunately it didn't work out and we are now ttc again) and I decided I would rather wait until I know my period is late just so I didn't have to see a negative test.. So I guess its really your choice :) maybe take ONE and make sure its just one to ease your mind whether you are or not?

Quoting robibuni:

I had EWCM the same day DH and I DTD, so I'm thinking it might be possible, yknow?

Quoting MissJordy:

robibuni
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Well if I go by my last cycle, I'm nearly a week late. But because I'm still breastfeeding, my period is still a bit wonky.

DH just says to wait for my period which is all I can do...or test.

Quoting MissJordy:

It is possible. It took us 2 months to concieve (unfortunately it didn't work out and we are now ttc again) and I decided I would rather wait until I know my period is late just so I didn't have to see a negative test.. So I guess its really your choice :) maybe take ONE and make sure its just one to ease your mind whether you are or not?

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting MissJordy:

MissJordy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM

If your only reason for waiting is that he wants you to and you actually do want to test, then do a test :)

Quoting robibuni:

Well if I go by my last cycle, I'm nearly a week late. But because I'm still breastfeeding, my period is still a bit wonky.

DH just says to wait for my period which is all I can do...or test.

Quoting MissJordy:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting MissJordy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)