Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

still no AF and....

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

a BFN.....im now a day late and im getting my tubes tied tomorrow.  per their procedure they will be doing a PT there.  i would die if it came out positive.  i will let you know what happens

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mdawn028
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
So you aren't ttc.anymore?hugs
Dawna

Quoting sillymommy08:

a BFN.....im now a day late and im getting my tubes tied tomorrow.  per their procedure they will be doing a PT there.  i would die if it came out positive.  i will let you know what happens

sprinkles9112
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM

That happened to one of my friends. After 2 boys (youngest one being 5), she decided to get her tubes tied. When she went in for her appointment, they told her she was pregnant with baby #3! :D 

CafeMom Tickers
mdawn028
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Hope your procedure goes well if you aren't pregnant.hugs hon keep me posted.
Dawna

Quoting sillymommy08:

sillymommy08
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM

no we are done.  i was hoping it would happen before my procedure.  BF proved to be a good source of BC for me.  we are very happy with the family that we have.  time to move on and grow old.  my body has been pg for 14 years and i will be happy to get it back where it needs to be :)

Quoting mdawn028:

So you aren't ttc.anymore?hugs
Dawna

Quoting sillymommy08:

AshCH
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM
14 years?! Wow...that's a lot of a pregnancy! Lol
I hope you get the news you want♥
zandizane
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Please research PTLS!! I had my tubes tied after my 4th child and suffered with ptls for a year and spent 10k on a reversal in march
sillymommy08
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:54 AM

there will be no chance of reversal....im also having a uterine ablation done for heavy periods....8kids im happy :)

Quoting zandizane:

Please research PTLS!! I had my tubes tied after my 4th child and suffered with ptls for a year and spent 10k on a reversal in march

zandizane
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Well good luck then. I really hope you avoid the debilitating symptoms caused by ovarian isolation :(

Quoting sillymommy08:

there will be no chance of reversal....im also having a uterine ablation done for heavy periods....8kids im happy :)

Quoting zandizane:

80KitKat80
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I said the same thing but ate those words :( My doctor had used Filshie clips; she didn't tell me before using them, just that they were easily reversable if I ever changed my mind...
Our family has a combination of 5 kids and we don't need anymore. When I woke up from my ligation however I had sharp shooting pains that wouldn't go away. My doctor said it was due to a tough delivery, I should be fine in a few weeks. Months passed and I still had the same pains that would knock me to the floor. I also had developed hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings and a period that would flood for 8 days to the point of wearing a super plus tampon AND an adult diaper to bed so I wouldn't ruin my sheets when I slept. YEAH! SEXY huh!

Whoever said that tubal ligation is suppose to give you a better sex life obviously never suffered through PTLS. I had to pay out of pocket to get mine reversed AND I STILL AM DONE HAVING KIDS. I couldn't live my life like that. I did however get my life back from the onslaught of crazy symptoms that no doctor would admit was related to my tubal ligation.

If you've not done your research then I'd suggest that you do. Having an ablation at the same time as a tubal ligation is also NOT suppose to be done as it can cause a syndrome called Post Tubal Ablation syndrome and IT is recognized by OBGYN's and therefore they shouldn't be offering you BOTH procedures at the same time. IF you are truly done having children then you may as well save yourself some time and money, have your tubes removed or your uterus removed because tying the tubes CAN cause Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. It's life altering and I'm here to tell you that the internet is FULL of blogs from women that have LIVED to tell the TRUTH. I'm now an advocate and admin for PTLS on facebook and search daily for stories such as yours...women not doing their research before ligation.

You may think it's none of my business and you're right, it's not. However I get nothing out of this conversation but to hopefully save you the possible fate that I awaited me. If I had all of the facts when I had my surgery I wouldn't have done it. After living with PTLS for a year and missing out on my infants first year of life however I do my darndest to try an make sure that no other woman has to go through the same.

Good luck with whatever you decide but even though you think you have your mind up I highly encourage you to KNOW ALL the FACTS when you go into this because I read story after story EVERY DAY of women around the world that suffer with this "made up" syndrome that doctors do not want to admit is real because let's face it, tubal ligation is easy for population control. Vasectomies ARE recognized for having the possibility of chronic pain but NOT tubal ligation, oh no.

I pray for you. I do. I hope your journey is a good one and you are blessed with a wonderful life with your 8 children, but I could never live with myself if I did not speak up and "put a bug in your ear" just in case something does go wrong...listen to your body and not the doctors because this is all too real and denied in the medical field.

Good luck and may God Bless and keep you.

Quoting sillymommy08:

Quoting zandizane:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)