Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my father and my iui...awkward lol

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
My dad keeps asking me when my next iui is. I keep telling him the ultrasound is on the 31st and that will determine everything. He keeps saying I should have it on the 1st because that is his birthday and "it's a good date ". It was also his grandpa's birthday and the date of our wedding reception (destination wedding). He's convinced if we have it on the first it will be good luck. I told him I don't think that would be something to tell a baby. "Today is your grandpa and great great grandpa's birthday and also the day your mom was artificially inseminated with you! " Yeah, that would be weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yes, that would be weird.

I can't imagine discussing such a topic with my dad.  I kind of hate that he even knows I obviously have sex. lol

storkneedsgps
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
My parents know everything about our treatment. I'm too open. Lol

Quoting GwenMB:

I can't imagine discussing such a topic with my dad.  I kind of hate that he even knows I obviously have sex. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I often feel like I'm too open with people - but never with my parents. But our relationship is weird & I don't entirely trust them.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Quoting GwenMB:

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Lol I'm with Gwen. I wouldn't want to talk to my parents about it. But my sisters, friends, the mailman... They might know!! My dad was so excited when I was pregnant and wanted to tell everyone. Luckily I made him wait :/ I hope whatever day you have it it's lucky for you!!
supermillerMom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Very cute, though, that he's so excited. Good luck!
storkneedsgps
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I have a pretty good relationship with my parents. The only problem is sometimes they are not very sensitive about my sister being pregnant.

Quoting GwenMB:

I often feel like I'm too open with people - but never with my parents. But our relationship is weird & I don't entirely trust them.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Quoting GwenMB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

You are lucky there - although that insensitivity is huge to me.  I just don't go to my parents for support at all - they aren't supportive & are more likely to turn it around on me and/or make sure I know how many people have it worse somehow.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

I have a pretty good relationship with my parents. The only problem is sometimes they are not very sensitive about my sister being pregnant.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Quoting GwenMB:

juniper1745
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM
My dad is awesome, but my mom is a total bitch. When I was going through my first mc she was like " there probably isn't a baby in there anyways". She is so insensitive.
AshCH
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Hahaha right?! my stepdaughter is so sweet she went to CA and bought me a key chain and its a pretty stone and its supposed to help with fertility, she said hopefully this helps you! She's 13 so she knows how babies are made!! Lol weird!

Quoting GwenMB:

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I like it, I think that's very sweet! It would be really awesome if it worked! :D

my mom told me she didn't want to know about my pregnancies because she couldn't handle my miscarriages anymore....

my in laws are ok, but with SIL just having her baby I feel kind of funny talking to them about things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)