Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm confused

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am confused I took a total of 12 home pregnancy tests the first day I took 2 they were faint positive and then the next day I took 3 and they were darker and then the day after I went to the clinic in their test was negative so after I left I bought four more Rite Aid brand with the 2 in the box that tests 5 days before missed period and 1 Family Dollar brand. And 1 clear blue still all positive and then I took more than just darker is still positive why is the doctors test negative and all of mine are positive do you think I could be pregnant?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrskandi
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe when you went to the doctor your urine was diluted and that's why it came up neg ,call your doctor and have him do a blood test .I have heard that sometimes a doctors test is not as sensitive as the one you buy at a store.Gl

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm assuming it was an urine test at the doc's office.  How long had you held your pee before taking that test?  Quite likely, your urine was just too diluted to get an accurate result.  I'd call them back & request a blood test if you need them to confirm that you're pregnant.  But 12 home pregnancy tests giving you BFPs can only mean that you are pregnant.

supermillerMom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Id say no doubt you're pregnant. That many home tests can't be wrong. When is/was af due?
Iloveemykidz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I drank a bottled water before I got there. And I drank a lot of water the night before. I went to the bathroom twice before my appointment. AF was due July 9th. I have no symptoms other than slight cramps and nausea.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Quoting Iloveemykidz:

I drank a bottled water before I got there. And I drank a lot of water the night before. I went to the bathroom twice before my appointment. AF was due July 9th. I have no symptoms other than slight cramps and nausea.

THose sound like early pregnancy symptoms to me!

Iloveemykidz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I go back on Tuesday the 30th for a repeat urine test & ultrasound.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Iloveemykidz:

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Good luck!  They should be confirming it then!

Quoting Iloveemykidz:

Well I go back on Tuesday the 30th for a repeat urine test & ultrasound.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Iloveemykidz:

Just.1.More
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM

good luck hun hope they see that your pregnant by then and all those tests can't be wrong

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I've had a doctor do a urine test that came back negitive while I was six months pregnant. Their test can be defected too.
Iloveemykidz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Thanks everybody. My fingers are crossed. Good luck and baby dust to you all. And someone else also said that it can be because they use 99 cent strip tests so it was probably inaccurate
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)