• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mexroxyprogesterone aka provera users?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

My doctor put me on medroxyprogesterone also known as provera, to help me regulate my periods and hopefully ovulate, i have been on it for probably 6 months now. Before i started taking it,  I suffered from irregular periods, and when they did come were very painful and heavy, but no pcos. So I take medroxyprogesterone the 1st through 10th of each month, and it has helped my period so much, i love to know i will get one now, right on time, it always comes the 12th or 13th of each month and last for 5-6 days. Well this month for July it came the 13th and was over the 15th, and was very light.....i was really surprised it was so short, well night of 16th my hubby and i had intercourse (sorry if tmi) and i was spotting the next day.....just curious if any of you have experienced this? short period than spotting after intercourse? i am not sure if i should take a preg test or not, i hate taking them because every time they are negative and my heart breaks again, we want a baby so bad.....also my veins in my breast are kinda sticking out more, but no sore boobs, and no other symptoms really, so thoughts anyone? also if anyone has taken this, did you get preggers using this med?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

BUMP!

ttcdawn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I used it to get af a, few times before I got pregnant with my son, if you aren't sure then test
BeccaBol
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

so i took a test and it was negative....yep another bad day :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)