• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AF temp Q?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
In general when does temp begin to dip before af? I know everyone is different. Just looking for a base line. I'm dur for af on friday but temp is still rising. I thought it would start dropping already. I am not actively ttc yet and won't test unless I'm late. Just getting my personal charting habits established.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Bump
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM

It does vary a lot by person, which makes this a hard question to answer.  I think most women have it start to dip before AF comes, but some have it stay up until AF has started.

Having it still going up would seem like a good sign to me - but its possible that is just your pattern.  Time will tell!

Can you share your chart?  (I just always like to see others charts!)

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM

The temp on cd 18 was disregarded because i had only had 4 hours seep for both the previous two days and had been drinking some. I knew it was extremely off. I have temps for the end of my previous cycle and it looks like they were dropping  few days before. I guess i might start later this month. 

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Quoting GwenMB:

It does vary a lot by person, which makes this a hard question to answer.  I think most women have it start to dip before AF comes, but some have it stay up until AF has started.

Having it still going up would seem like a good sign to me - but its possible that is just your pattern.  Time will tell!

Can you share your chart?  (I just always like to see others charts!)

added
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Bump
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

How long is your LP normally?

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Its usually 15 days. I guess sometimes 16. Its never consistent time wise when I start so it gets hard to count.

Quoting GwenMB:

How long is your LP normally?

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Typically, my temp drops in the morning and AF arrives that day.  However, I have had cycles where it does a big drop the day before and then a smaller drop the day it starts.  It has never dropped earlier than 1 day before it starts though. 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM

With 2 more days before you expect AF, you may see the temp drop happening soon.  I wouldn't expect to see a temp drop already, although some do get that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)