• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Figuring out ovulation...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am trying out the ovulation tests this month to make sure my body is on track...I counted out my cycle (29 days) and every website I has looked at said I should begin ovulating on day 13, which would have been Sunday. I have tested Every day this week and have gotten a negative sign each time. I have read so many different opinions such aas what time of day and how often to test that I am just confused now. I have also read about anovulation and am stressed out that this may be my problem. I am, unfortunately one of those people who reads up on everything, which my husband hates, and am stressing myself out because of it. Can anyone give me tips on testing. What have you read or been told or what was your experience with ovulation tests?? Thanks in advance :)
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM
You should start testing about a week before you expect ovulation. Test mid afternoon twice if you want but a few hours apart. You should get a positive about 24-48 hours before you actually ovulate but for some people (like me) its almost impossible to catch the axtual surge. I have to read between the lines sometimes.
Your post makes it sound like you are using the opks afyer you expected to ovulate which won't do anything but waste tests.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

i'm confused on your dates.  was cd13 LAST Sunday or the Sunday coming up?  If I read your post correctly, then I'm guessing you said last Sunday.  if so, you missed your surge.  if you guess at o'ing on cd13 you should probably start testing around cd10.

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

OPKs don't tell you if you ovulated, but they give you an idea of when you are preparing to ovulate and the LH surge that triggers ovulation.  Even then, you can still have positive OPKs and not ovulate.  I think it would be a great idea to temp for a cycle at least, along with using OPKs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)