Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood work & ultrasound question

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

I went to my dr. last month and told him I was having issues getting pregnant again (i've been trying over 2 years).  He told me to get bloodwork on CD 3 and again on CD 21.  He also sent me for an ultrasound to check for pcos (which I already told him I have, he just wanted a look at my ovaries).  Can anyone tell me the significance of the blood work he requested?  What is he looking for, he didn't really explain it?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM

The cd3 blood work is testing your fsh level, basically you're egg reserve. The cd21 blood work is testing your progesterone level, to see if you ovulated.

PhantomRose88
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Oh ok.  I haven't heard anything back yet...and it's been almost 3 weeks :/   I have an appointment in August do you think they would wait that long to give me the results?  

Quoting GwenMB:

The cd3 blood work is testing your fsh level, basically you're egg reserve. The cd21 blood work is testing your progesterone level, to see if you ovulated.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Unless you call & ask for the results, they probably will.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Oh ok.  I haven't heard anything back yet...and it's been almost 3 weeks :/   I have an appointment in August do you think they would wait that long to give me the results?  

Quoting GwenMB:

PhantomRose88
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Thanks so much for the info. 

Quoting GwenMB:

Unless you call & ask for the results, they probably will.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)