Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

What not to say to women ttc...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 44 Replies
3 moms liked this
So last night dh said to me before bed "you know, people say just to stop trying and it will just happen."
Whaaaaaa
All bc I made a comment about my huge zit on my nose.....
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I hate when people say that!

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Or "it'll all be worth it.." Yea maybe but after looking down at the track marks on my arms from all the effing blood draws I'm not so sure.

4ever_a_memory
by Casey on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM
4 moms liked this
People are idiots and its usually the ones who have never had to try to get pregnant that say that shit. Hugs Hun hoping it happens soon for you
cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

my hubs says all the time. He said he's just tired of the excitement that I am then we lose it. He really just wants a sticky bean. And I understand he's not built like me where we can kinda be mad but try again and again and let it get me like it gets him. :( so that's I am keeping on the DL stepped away from it not completely but not so much hope is involved right now. Hoping it happens without all that anxiety. :) but darn dhs :) I hope this is your month!

juniper1745
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I wanted to scream!! I just started crying instead. Ttc after a mc isn't "casual" anymore.
sspaschal2427
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My hubby says the exact same thing.... :( were also ttc after a mc in May

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

well mines told me to be prepared for straight bdng for the nextfour weeks or until I have a baby.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM

My favorite was the people who would say, "It will happen when it's supposed to happen." I hated that so much. Basically, you're saying that I'm just not supposed to have a child right now, and that's not what anybody wants to hear.

CafeMom Tickers
juniper1745
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Or, just get drunk and it will happen...
MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I've heard it all. Just relax; Now that you've adopted, you'll probably get pregnant; once you stop trying...; and even, "Not all women were meant to be mothers." That last one was said to me by my exMIL. Funny, I got pregnant and had a baby after I divorced her son, and I'm pregnant again. I guess I could tell her some men just weren't meant to be fathers. (Although I wouldn't because he's a good dad to our children we adopted. And, despite her stupidity, I loved her. She died last December :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN