Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

D&C

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 20 Replies
Has anyone had one? Can you tell me what to expect? I'm having one in the morning and very nervous!!
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I'm sorry, I've never had one, but I hope it goes well and you have a good recovery.

momtotwo08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Thank you!!

Quoting ZennMomma:

I'm sorry, I've never had one, but I hope it goes well and you have a good recovery.

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I did with my first surrogacy pregnancy at 9 weeks. They gave me an iv with fluids and some meds to put me in a twilight state. Once in procedure room I don't remember anything but waking up in recovery. I didn't bleed afterwards and felt ok physically. I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtotwo08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Thank you. That is exactly how it went. I only remember crying in the operating room and waking up crying. I feel fine though just some mild cramping.

Quoting mommy2casidee:

I did with my first surrogacy pregnancy at 9 weeks. They gave me an iv with fluids and some meds to put me in a twilight state. Once in procedure room I don't remember anything but waking up in recovery. I didn't bleed afterwards and felt ok physically. I'm sorry for your loss.

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Just.1.More
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
So sorry hun :(
tuckermum
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I had one done when I found out I lost my baby at 12weeks. I went in they gave me meds to put me under did the procedure.I woke up bawling my eyes out. I bled a lot and had horrible clotting. Rest a lot I didn't it was a bad idea I was in horrible pain. Physically and emotionally. I hope you have a smooth surgery and recovery praying for you.
momtotwo08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Thank you so much. I'm sorry for your loss also. I fell asleep crying and woke up crying. I was ok until my dr was telling me that I was going to be okay and im going to get thru this, that's when I lost it. I was heavily medicated but I think I asked him to stop talking about it bc it was upsetting me. I hope I didn't hurt his feelings if I did. I'm back home and laying on the couch watching fantastic 4 with my boys. I'm going to take it as easy as I can!! When did you have yours? I'm just wondering if it's hard to pregnant after.

Quoting tuckermum:

I'm sorry for your loss. I had one done when I found out I lost my baby at 12weeks. I went in they gave me meds to put me under did the procedure.I woke up bawling my eyes out. I bled a lot and had horrible clotting. Rest a lot I didn't it was a bad idea I was in horrible pain. Physically and emotionally. I hope you have a smooth surgery and recovery praying for you.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'm sorry for your loss - I hope you recover quickly.  Definitely take it easy for a few days.

PEEK05
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM

No, sorry this is happening. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)