• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question: Is it REALLY possible...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 16 Replies

to NOT try to get pg?  I see people here who choose to give up the temping, opks, etc. and just have fun but I really wonder:  after learning so much about your body's cues, is it REALLY possible to not pay attention?

I am tempted to give this a shot, again, if this cycle is unsuccessful.  However, even without temping, I always still look at my cm on the tp so I think I would always get anxious and try to force bd'ing on those days...

thoughts?  if you've done it, how do you just let it all go?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juniper1745
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I stopped temping in July. Like you, I felt like I HAD to know. But really, I don't. I still looked at my cm, but I've always done that, even when not ttc. We just tried to bd eod or every 2 days (really just when we wanted) and around my fertile days.
It was nice to not have to think about it. And I obsessed over my temps. I would get irritated when they would not do what I wanted them to do. I mean, it's convenient to know EXACTLY when you oed, but honestly, there's not much else you can do after that egg has dropped.

When af gets here, I will be using my CBFM since I paid so much freaking money on it, but that's it. Bd when we want and focusing in my fertile days. That method worked once, hoping it will work again.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM

So you are still conscious of when you THINK you may be fertile and try to bd on those days for sure (or close to them) but it's just that you aren't obsessively watching every little thing?

I guess that's what we did the first cycle.  My issue was that I wore DH out before I even got to the fertile days LOL!

Quoting juniper1745:

I stopped temping in July. Like you, I felt like I HAD to know. But really, I don't. I still looked at my cm, but I've always done that, even when not ttc. We just tried to bd eod or every 2 days (really just when we wanted) and around my fertile days.
It was nice to not have to think about it. And I obsessed over my temps. I would get irritated when they would not do what I wanted them to do. I mean, it's convenient to know EXACTLY when you oed, but honestly, there's not much else you can do after that egg has dropped.

When af gets here, I will be using my CBFM since I paid so much freaking money on it, but that's it. Bd when we want and focusing in my fertile days. That method worked once, hoping it will work again.

shiningjoy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM

It is hard, after all temping and tracking and all that trying to have my daughter, I just said I wasn't going to do it this time and just go with it.  It is very hard. I do check my CM and have a tendency to try to Bd more on those days....and then the next two weeks you are still wondering and paying attention to every little sign.  But the stress of making sure to temp and all that is gone.  The first month I stopped doing it all when trying to have my daughter I ended up pregnant.  But trying to concieve was the furthest thing from my mind that month too

atate21
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I was just about to post something about this. I dont temp but i do use OPK's and look at my CM. Im just tired of using OPK's and always thinking about it. I just want it to happen. (A BFP that is)  We have only been trying since feb, so 6 months. but i feels like longer, especiall when we got pregnant with my son with out even trying. I just want us to have fun and then it to happen. But like you said you cant really "STOP" the obesssing. you know when your fertile, you know your signs so you will always know about the time.

It makes us all crazy lol my doctor wants me to keep using OPK's to keep track. but i feel like they dont tell me when i O cuz i have not cought the egg in 6 mnoths now or that i dont O? i hope that isnt the case. 

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I say practically no. I was single and not having ex for a whole year and still I couldn't help but checking my cm and cp. I knew when I as ovulating and htere was tha tpang of, oh well there goes another chance. EVen thouhg i DEFINITELY did not want to get pg at the time. Its one of those things that once its in your head its in there. Eventually it can fade but you don't foret. I do think you can get to a place where you stop getting anxiou about it though. I know after my m/c I got t a place where I didnt think about a baby when we had sex, i didn't wonder if i was pg everytime i got to a few dpo. Idk if it was just becasue i had iven up the idea that i could get pg or not but i fet in a good place at the time too. I guess i just felt at peace with how htings were at this very moment and wasnt trying to look ahead if that makes sense. 

storkneedsgps
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Not for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Our first cycle trying we didn't track anything. I assumed I would just get PG right away cuz I did the other 2 times. When it didn't happen I decided to temp cuz I needed to make sure I was oing. Now that I know things are working I may just say "screw it" to the opks and temps. Idk, it's hard for the control freak in me to just let it go.

GL sweetie.

Quoting atate21:

I was just about to post something about this. I dont temp but i do use OPK's and look at my CM. Im just tired of using OPK's and always thinking about it. I just want it to happen. (A BFP that is)  We have only been trying since feb, so 6 months. but i feels like longer, especiall when we got pregnant with my son with out even trying. I just want us to have fun and then it to happen. But like you said you cant really "STOP" the obesssing. you know when your fertile, you know your signs so you will always know about the time.

It makes us all crazy lol my doctor wants me to keep using OPK's to keep track. but i feel like they dont tell me when i O cuz i have not cought the egg in 6 mnoths now or that i dont O? i hope that isnt the case. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atate21
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM
thank you "luvmy2baies22"
jamie93
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:25 PM

after temping, using opks, checking cervix position, and cm for over a year we decided to stop "trying." I'll have to admit that I always initiated bding when I knew I could be Oing. got pregnant that way but it ended in an early miscarriage. 

So yea, I always had a very good idea of when to bd before we got pregnant. 

krystyneh
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it is possible lol my husband and I stopped ttc at the end of November and I focused on our 5 1/2 year old daughter and Christmas and my husband's birthday which is the day after Christmas and then I found out January 12th (exactly 3 months to the day that my nana passed away) that after almost 5 years of ttc and 7 miscarriages, that I'm pregnant. I'm currently 32 weeks 4 days pregnant. I'm also in nursing school. I had completely put everything out of my head about ttc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)