Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 years ttc...not ready to give up but hubby is losing hope

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

A little background:

I'm 32...with PCOS (taking metformin for about 3 years now) and have been TTC for almost 5 years. I've been with my life partner for 13 years, finally married last year and we have a 10 year old daughter together...who was concieved naturally. 

I started clomid about 5 years ago, but after the max dosage didn't work we were referred to the REI clinic where we've been going since then. At first we dabbled with clomid, but i wasn't really the BEST patient, since i would get way too emotional and just quit everything.

We did our first round of Menopur back in March/April and that was unsuccessful. Well I had AWESOME eggs...TWO of them, but I feel like the trigger shot didn't work since everything else looked and sounded (from the drs) pretty peachy. Then I started a period the day before my PT...blood test confirmed that i wasn't preggo...total sadness...but i kept hope....

I ended up gettin my "period" last week. Not even sure you can call it that-it literally lasted 3 days and was very light. I was hoping we could start another cycle, but I didn't even have time to get an appointment for the baseline since it ended so quickly...she said to wait (!!!) for the next one...which sucks cuz my cycles are hella long...then I got some pinkish discharge 2 days ago and emailed DR about that.

In the meantime:

Hubby's closest cousin is on baby #4...my sister just had her baby #4. both of our best friends had their firsts...but are already planning #2s...my brother's wife just had #3...my other brothers baby mama is pregs with her #3. EVERYONE is pregnant except for us...

my poor husband is angry. he's mad, hurt, and a bunch of other things...we've prayed and we've trusted...but nothing. I'm numb right now...i want to cry but can't....I want to make him happy, but CAN'T. Our awesome 10 year old is the ultimate big cousin. she changes diapers, makes bottles, rocks the babies to sleep and all she asks for is her OWN brother or sister to do that with...and i CAN't give that to her...not yet at least...

And through all of that...i'm still not ready to give up...he says he hates being disappointed, but how does he think i feel...

In conclusion:

We are trying again...and this time we are doing IUI......I am hoping and praying for a baby...when everything seemed dark, i found this forum...there is always light, just not where you might expect it. I've read so many happy stories and I really really hope we will be one too...

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RubyMom0526
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck with iui.

amwelsh1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

BIG HUGS to you!!!!!!!!

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Your RE has done all blood work, HSG and semen analysis right? Just hate for you to go through stuff when there might be something off they can fix and you could avoid IUI. We have been ttc #1 for 7yrs now so I know how the pain is and how he hope starts to fade. Good luck and I hope you get a bfp soon

linazmami
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM

yup i've had all the blood test done, the one with the dye in your tubes and even had my dr re-do some thyroid testing because my mom was diagnosed with hypothyroidism...dr said all is well on that end.  i asked if we should retest anything and she said no...i'll check again tho...thanks for the heads up and positive vibes! 

Quoting hypnautica:

Your RE has done all blood work, HSG and semen analysis right? Just hate for you to go through stuff when there might be something off they can fix and you could avoid IUI. We have been ttc #1 for 7yrs now so I know how the pain is and how he hope starts to fade. Good luck and I hope you get a bfp soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)