• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all successful VBAC moms.... ***UPDATED***

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

We are currently TTC and would like advice on what questions to ask the Dr.s about VCACs. I am going with a different Dr. this time and have 2 in mind, but I need help with what questions to ask.

I am now 5 weeks pregnant (for those wondering my son was in between 21-22 months when I conceived), I had an initial visit at the new dr's office, but it was only labs. I meet with the dr herself in about 2 weeks and want to make sure there aren't any other important VBAC questions I need to have prepared... Thank you for all the helpful suggestions so far

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
storkneedsgps
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd just worry about getting pregnant before you worry about the delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beauty1889
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM

BUMP!

.Peaches.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I had a chance to do a VBAC but opted for another C-section instead, and I'm glad I did, so here's a bump for you!

krissy920
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM

questions i asked before i  had my successful vbac were :

1) Is there a medical reason  why i couldnt push my  1st out

2) do you  think we can  try a successful  vbac this time

3) what happends  if  it gets to the point that im not able to  push this baby out?

4) what are soem things that could go wrong to prevent me from having a successful vbac.

beauty1889
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

may i ask why you opted for another section?

Quoting .Peaches.:

I had a chance to do a VBAC but opted for another C-section instead, and I'm glad I did, so here's a bump for you!

.Peaches.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Quoting beauty1889:

Quoting .Peaches.:

My first was an emergency C-section....I had an infection which killed me (literally....they lost me for about 5 minutes). I was in the hospital for 8 days. I labored for 22 hours.

Well, with my middle DD, I went into labor naturally instead of being induced, but I was in back labor and it was hell. I was in labor for 6 hours before they admitted me, and my OB leveled with me. She said "Look, I know you want to do a VBAC because your first C-section was hell, and I'm all for it. But this baby is bigger than your last one, and your pelvis is going to have a hard time passing her." (something I already knew from my first pregnancy, I have my mother to blame for that one). So she said that if I wanted a VBAC, she was on board and would follow my birth plan as closely as she could, then she gave me some time to think about it. I just couldn't fathom going through the whole laboring forever thing again, only to end up on the OR again, so I just bagged the whole idea. And I'm glad I did. The second time around was much easier, way less painful (not to mention shorter), and she was right, my middle DD was bigger- there was no way I'd have been able to deliver her vaginally.

beauty1889
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I have heard that a second c section is easier and less painful than the first, but personally I don't want to find that out for myself. As far as what I was told the dr an midwife aren't sure why my labor didn't progress (my water broke but 36 hours later I had only gone from 4-5cm to 5-6cm) other than it was probably from stopping my "early labor" (midwife and I believed that the baby was farther along and when I went into labor the doc, that had never had any interaction in my pregnancy or file, swooped in and said its too early I am stopping labor). I will ask the new doc based on my medical records is there any reason they see why my labor didn't progress
Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting beauty1889:

Quoting .Peaches.:

My first was an emergency C-section....I had an infection which killed me (literally....they lost me for about 5 minutes). I was in the hospital for 8 days. I labored for 22 hours.

Well, with my middle DD, I went into labor naturally instead of being induced, but I was in back labor and it was hell. I was in labor for 6 hours before they admitted me, and my OB leveled with me. She said "Look, I know you want to do a VBAC because your first C-section was hell, and I'm all for it. But this baby is bigger than your last one, and your pelvis is going to have a hard time passing her." (something I already knew from my first pregnancy, I have my mother to blame for that one). So she said that if I wanted a VBAC, she was on board and would follow my birth plan as closely as she could, then she gave me some time to think about it. I just couldn't fathom going through the whole laboring forever thing again, only to end up on the OR again, so I just bagged the whole idea. And I'm glad I did. The second time around was much easier, way less painful (not to mention shorter), and she was right, my middle DD was bigger- there was no way I'd have been able to deliver her vaginally.

.Peaches.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Quoting beauty1889:

I have heard that a second c section is easier and less painful than the first, but personally I don't want to find that out for myself. As far as what I was told the dr an midwife aren't sure why my labor didn't progress (my water broke but 36 hours later I had only gone from 4-5cm to 5-6cm) other than it was probably from stopping my "early labor" (midwife and I believed that the baby was farther along and when I went into labor the doc, that had never had any interaction in my pregnancy or file, swooped in and said its too early I am stopping labor). I will ask the new doc based on my medical records is there any reason they see why my labor didn't progress
Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting beauty1889:

Quoting .Peaches.:

I never made it past a 4 with my first, which is another reason I decided not to go for a VBAC. I'm not the kind of woman to do a natural labor and delivery, and I went through about 1/2 of my first labor without any kind of drugs, plus I was induced. My first labor and delivery was pretty traumatic, and I almost had a panic attack  just thinking about putting myself through that again.

beauty1889
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

BUMP!

gchorses4life
by Stefanie on Aug. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

my first son was an emergency c-section. I never got past 3cm. with my daughter who had already passed away at 37 weeks I had a very successful vbac and I will do it again this time. It was much easier to just get up and not be in pain and so much easier and quicker recovery for me. I only pushed for half hour. good luck :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)