• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Appointment :)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

We have a plan! YAY! I am so excited to have a real plan in place. I am not excited about all the bloodwork, needles, and appointments. My dr is so sweet and brilliant. I am so glad we like her. She has decided to try IUI for us and if we are not pregnant after 3  or 4 cycles to go to IVF, which we really want to prevent because of the costs. So now I just need to get a period because my body is so screwed up. I hate provera. It makes me feel so fat and makes my skin greasy. My boobs blew up with clomid, but whatever takes. So IUI. The nurse is going to call  me tomorrow will all my bloodwork so we can get rolling on the process. YAY for a plan. We have alot going against us: My Dh's low motility and my blocked tube being two of the big issues,but atleast we have a plan. I'd love to hear your stories on IUI.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have any stories but I wanted to say good luck!!

tinnaa2000
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Yay!! We are starting IVF next week with the shots!! Good luck!! I felt the same way when we got our plan!!
hunnny_bre
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM
That's wonderful! You sound determined! Keep up the positivity and I totally know what you mean about provera I felt like that when I took it a year or so back ew! Lol

Best of luck<3
froyogal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Did you try the IUI or just jump straight to IVF? I am not really expecting much from the IUI that way if it doesn't work I won't be too devestatd...probably still will be LOL. We would jump right to IVF but our insurance covers 0% so we will try this and maybe get lucky. Good Luck to you!

Quoting tinnaa2000:

Yay!! We are starting IVF next week with the shots!! Good luck!! I felt the same way when we got our plan!!

tinnaa2000
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Hi no we are not doing iui. Where we live (ma) our insurance will pay for everything. We just pay the copayment. Good luck!! Baby dust to you!!!
froyogal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Aww thanks. I am so jealous. NY pays nothing :(  That is awesome for you! Goodluck to you too :)

Quoting tinnaa2000:

Hi no we are not doing iui. Where we live (ma) our insurance will pay for everything. We just pay the copayment. Good luck!! Baby dust to you!!!

storkneedsgps
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I just did my third iui yesterday. Ask me anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I don't have one, but good luck to you mama!

froyogal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Congrats. That is exciting. I am nervous about the whole thing because I have seen lots of people write about having more than one! if it doesn't work by 3 or 4 we will probably go to IVF...But I pray we don't have to. I am more nervous about doing IUI because of the time commitment. The office is about 30 minutes away and I am a teacher. I don't want to be a flaky teacher this year and they already told me once I start I will be going every other day for bloodwork/ultrasounds. Drop everything and run when I ovulate...doing ovidrel for the first time too.

Do they know why it isn't working for you or how you got to IUI #3. My DH has low motility and I have a blocked tube/PCOS so we have alot going against us. I rather my dr be honest if it isn't going to work than go through all the high copays, pain, and time for nothing. I know they can only look at statistics and it's worth a try. I just want to be realistic about everything.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

storkneedsgps
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Its normal to have to do it a few times. I'm a teacher too. I only have to go in about two or three times a month. The doctors have no idea why I can't get pregnant. I respond really well to the lowest dose of clomid and dh has good sperm count. I also ovulate naturally and don't have pcos. The only thing is I might have one blocked tube.

Quoting froyogal:

Congrats. That is exciting. I am nervous about the whole thing because I have seen lots of people write about having more than one! if it doesn't work by 3 or 4 we will probably go to IVF...But I pray we don't have to. I am more nervous about doing IUI because of the time commitment. The office is about 30 minutes away and I am a teacher. I don't want to be a flaky teacher this year and they already told me once I start I will be going every other day for bloodwork/ultrasounds. Drop everything and run when I ovulate...doing ovidrel for the first time too.

Do they know why it isn't working for you or how you got to IUI #3. My DH has low motility and I have a blocked tube/PCOS so we have alot going against us. I rather my dr be honest if it isn't going to work than go through all the high copays, pain, and time for nothing. I know they can only look at statistics and it's worth a try. I just want to be realistic about everything.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)