Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having pregnancy symptoms again after miscarriage earlier this month

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

The last couple of days I have been having some symptoms of pregnancy. I have had sore boobs, lower back pain, and tailbone pain (the first symptom I always get of pregnancy is tailbone pain). I had a miscarriage on July 7th and I am just afraid I am letting my mind play tricks on me. I know after a miscarriage it can take a little while for your body to go back to normal so all these  symptoms could just be my body trying to readjust. I think I may have ovulated between the 23rd or 25th so I know it is way to early to test but it is driving me insane not knowing. On one hand it would be absolutely wonderful to have gotten pregnant so soon after the miscarriage but I would also be terrified that I would lose the baby again. 

I need to stop overthinking all of this. I am probably not pregnant anyways and I am just driving myself insane for no reason. I am probably just setting myself up for disapointment. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I'm sorry, that was the worst thing in my mind, the symptoms still being around after a mc.

are you charting? It's possible to ovulate really soon after a mc and become pregnant again. Did you test any more after bleeding?

have you called your OB.

tay1981
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM

The symptoms went away completely about a week after the miscarriage and my levels went back to zero 6 days after I started bleeding. That is why I am so confused now that the symptoms have all of a sudden reappeared. I did not test any more after the bleeding. I have not been charting but I did start using opks right after the bleeding stopped. I never got a very clear positive but I had three days that were much darker than all the other days I tested and that is when I think I ovulated. I haven't called my ob, I figure I will wait another week or as long as I can hold out before caving in and then I will test. My body is just confusing me. 

Quoting ZennMomma:

I'm sorry, that was the worst thing in my mind, the symptoms still being around after a mc.

are you charting? It's possible to ovulate really soon after a mc and become pregnant again. Did you test any more after bleeding?

have you called your OB.

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I know, it can be really confusing. Progesterone is high after O, and will mimic pregnancy symptoms. I hope everything is ok for you.

tay1981
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Thank you. I guess only time will tell what is going on with my body. I will do my best to have some patience :)

Quoting ZennMomma:

I know, it can be really confusing. Progesterone is high after O, and will mimic pregnancy symptoms. I hope everything is ok for you.

Mom2five87
by Jen on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I got pregnant again 2 weeks after an early miscarriage. It's possible. Good luck!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

tay1981
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. You have given me hope :)

Quoting Mom2five87:

I got pregnant again 2 weeks after an early miscarriage. It's possible. Good luck!

tay1981
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Does anyone have any success stories of having a successful pregnancy so soon after a miscarriage?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)