• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to expect from my first ultrasound? *PIOG*

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 8 Replies
I found out last night I was pregnant again. I've had two miscarriages in the last year. Including this time last year when I found out I was pregnant for the first time. So today when I called my OB they scheduled me an appointment for August 17th and then sometime in September and shortly before I got off the phone with the nurse she said that the doctor wanted to see me tomorrow and that he was going to do a bedside ultrasound. What can I expect to see at almost 6 weeks pregnant? I am 5w5d tomorrow.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandasue0678
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
You should be able to see a sack and possibly a yolk sack within that sack. but, it really depends on your hcg levels as to whether you will see anything or not at this point. good luck and keep us posted :)
waitn4miracles2
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I had one at five weeks and didn't see much just a sac. No heart beat or anything and my doc really freaked me out because he said the yolk sac was good but the amniotic sac looked like I might be miss carrying. But luckily I am now 12 weeks and had a scan at 8 weeks that confirmed everything to be normal. Hope this helps and good luck tomorrow but don't be discouraged if you don't see much.
kbornman21
by Kryistal on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Ill be at ease if he says everything looks good. I feel kind of confident about this pregnancy.

Quoting waitn4miracles2:

I had one at five weeks and didn't see much just a sac. No heart beat or anything and my doc really freaked me out because he said the yolk sac was good but the amniotic sac looked like I might be miss carrying. But luckily I am now 12 weeks and had a scan at 8 weeks that confirmed everything to be normal. Hope this helps and good luck tomorrow but don't be discouraged if you don't see much.

sweetpeasmom200
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

You should see a gestational sac and possibly a yolk sac as well not sure if you will see a heartbeat yet or a fetal pole.  Good Luck update us ASAP!

kbornman21
by Kryistal on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My appointment is tomorrow at 11:15am!

14 hours and counting...

Quoting sweetpeasmom200:

You should see a gestational sac and possibly a yolk sac as well not sure if you will see a heartbeat yet or a fetal pole.  Good Luck update us ASAP!

WishingAway
by Angela on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Keep in mind to if dates aren't 100% or if your levels aren't 1500-2000 yet you might not see anything for a couple more weeks. I didn't I got really scared but there was a healthy baby in there <3

sweetpeasmom200
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM

checking for an update!

kbornman21
by Kryistal on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My appointment isn't for another couple hours! :)

Quoting sweetpeasmom200:

checking for an update!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)