Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any chance it could happen?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am anxious... we BD'd on CD13 and CD15 (but he pulled and prayed that night) and it is currently CD17 and I have my DARKEST opk yet. They were VERY faint on cycle days 14-16. What do you think the chances are for just BD on CD13? This 2ww is going to kill me. I hope hes up for it tonight just to be sure. I hope one little guy lived long enough to get the job done!!

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cstarks90
by Courtney on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

is he not trying to have a baby?

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is he using the pull out method if you're trying to have a baby? 

Brannic318
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM

We were not sure if I was really actually ovulating as I had been told that if the test line was not as dark as the control line it was a negative. As I stated in my welcome, this is our first cycle seeing what happens as I was told prior I might have had a disease (PCOS) Which could have made this all a lot more difficult. Prior to now in our entire relationship hes always used the pull out method, myself never being on birth control or ever using condom. We are just easing into the process to see what happens and that particular night he chose to finish elsewhere. Not that it has anything to do with what I asked. We are both very much so on the same page and very much in love. Been together for 5 yrs... If that is what you are referring to. :) Thanks for the concern.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Well, in the future, two days before ovulation can still result in pregnancy! Sperm can live for several days inside the body, so you would actually be helping your chances. 4 days ago would still give you a shot, though... and if you BD tonight, you would obviously have a better shot at it. Good luck.

EAzizM
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
If you are on the same page, no more wasting swimmers. Even though it can still happen while pulling out, it kind of defeats the purpose.
ckapps4911
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

when i got pregnant with my son i thought i ovulated on cd 13-14 and bd on cd 13...turns out i didnt o till cd 17-18. we didnt bd again till around cd 21. so i think it is possible.

my son is now 8 1/2 months old :)

also didnt get my bfp that month till 16-17dpo and even then it was faint and hcg was only 35 the day after first bfp. so by science i would of been out that month for bad timing and the dr told me that i was probably miscarring and just hadnt started bleeding yet. 3 days later levels were at 70 so they didnt double every 48hrs but hes still here!!! dont give up hope. miracles do happen!!!

Brannic318
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Thanks ladies. Yes I do know that it defeats the purpose, but as I stated, that night we thought I had already missed my window being it was faint and I was told that was negative and could have been the end. I have never had regular cycles before the past 2 months, they are now evening themselves out quite a bit. Today is the first day that the OPK came out dark enough to not even question it. I decided to still test the rest of the days as I have been tracking my periods on an app and it also tells me the most favorable days to BD. Ive never done an OPK before now to see if I was indeed ovulating when it stated that I was. So I know now that it meant I was just starting and the surge was steadily increasing. I am a first timer. so I apologize if I seem naive.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I recommend tracking and charting your temperature in addition to the OPKs. The apps are nice, but if you are only tracking your periods themslves, they only tell you a projected ovulation date, and they base it off the typical "14 days before your next period is expected" model. Not all women ovulate like that. Mine was always much later than that. So if you temp, you can see for yourself when your specific surge starts, so you'll be able to time things better.

Quoting Brannic318:

Thanks ladies. Yes I do know that it defeats the purpose, but as I stated, that night we thought I had already missed my window being it was faint and I was told that was negative and could have been the end. I have never had regular cycles before the past 2 months, they are now evening themselves out quite a bit. Today is the first day that the OPK came out dark enough to not even question it. I decided to still test the rest of the days as I have been tracking my periods on an app and it also tells me the most favorable days to BD. Ive never done an OPK before now to see if I was indeed ovulating when it stated that I was. So I know now that it meant I was just starting and the surge was steadily increasing. I am a first timer. so I apologize if I seem naive.

Just.1.More
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Quoting JessiFaye:

Why is he using the pull out method if you're trying to have a baby? 

I agree with u hmmm
Brannic318
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Read the rest of the comments. I thought this website was for support, not for people to go nose diving into each other's business and make you feel bad for your personal choices. If thats the way you ladies act, ill vote to not ever post another thing on here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)