Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i calculate my ovulation

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
hi, my name s sunshyng, being ttc for 3yrs now, had my period on the 18th of lst mth and another one started on the 30th again, now am confused, dontt know why am having two periods in a month and ii dontt knw how to calculate my period.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Khooks
by Jessica on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

You may of had an anovulatory cycle, which means you didn't ovulate. The only TRUE way to know is to track temps with a BBT, but OPK's can tell you when you have a surge and you can track symptoms and cervical mucus and position. Good Luck!!

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I would definitely start temping to see what your cycle is doing.  If it's that short again, it would be a good idea to talk with your dr for some help regulating it.  Vit B6 is good for lengthening luteal phases if that's your problem and I'd suggest Vitex as well

sunshyng
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Had the period twice only n August and since then its ben once a month til date but my next period s always 2 days late to d previous one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshyng
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Hi, how far with the tempting, what have u found out for me? What is B6 and Vitex, will really appreciate it if u can enlightn me more abt my issue. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from u. How do I add u to my friend list here?

Quoting PoodleMum:

I would definitely start temping to see what your cycle is doing.  If it's that short again, it would be a good idea to talk with your dr for some help regulating it.  Vit B6 is good for lengthening luteal phases if that's your problem and I'd suggest Vitex as well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Read through the TTC Primer for the basics on temping & to get pointed to more information.

B6 is a vitamin - all B vitamins are good for ttc.  Just find a good B complex vitamin to take & make sure you're taking your prenatals.  Vitex is a herbal supplement that can help regulate your system & make it easier to get pregnant.

mama2gg
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Chart temps is the only way to know when you O, when af is due and if you're lp is the correct length
sunshyng
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Thanks, can I get the vitex at any pharmacy stores

Quoting GwenMB:

Read through the TTC Primer for the basics on temping & to get pointed to more information.

B6 is a vitamin - all B vitamins are good for ttc.  Just find a good B complex vitamin to take & make sure you're taking your prenatals.  Vitex is a herbal supplement that can help regulate your system & make it easier to get pregnant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I'm not sure - I've never seen it at WalMart, but that's the only place I've every looked.  I got mine from my naturopath or Amazon.

Quoting sunshyng:

Thanks, can I get the vitex at any pharmacy stores

Quoting GwenMB:

sunshyng
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Am new at all these so very sorry if I ask too many questions, guess that's why I joined this group, how do I do the chart temps? What is O, what is af and lp.

Quoting mama2gg:

Chart temps is the only way to know when you O, when af is due and if you're lp is the correct length

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM
It's OK honey we all stare somewhere

O = ovulation
Af= aunt flo or your period
Lp= the time between ovulation and your next af that doesn't change

So example

If you have a 28 day cycle and o on cd16 then your lp is 12 because 16+12=28

But if you have a 28 day cycle and o cd12 then your lp is 16 cause 16+12=28

The Human egg only lives 24hours so timing is important

as far as charting your temperatures you need to buy a BB T you can get these at any pharmacy for about $7 also you will need to take your temperature at the same time every morning without moving Most women set an alarm for early morning like 5 a.m

you need to put that information into a program like fertility friend.com. its a free charging website it also has the videos that can explain charging better than I can using text

Quoting sunshyng:

Am new at all these so very sorry if I ask too many questions, guess that's why I joined this group, how do I do the chart temps? What is O, what is af and lp.

Quoting mama2gg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)