Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opk and estimated ovulation dont match.

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
So were hoping for baby #2. 5 months after baby1. Had a c section. Periods never been regular . Im using the ff app and it predicts my o time started yesterday i just staryed using the opk. 1 1/2 week ago . Still no positive. We try at least every 2-3 days. On cd16 had spotting all when wiping it was light pink. 2days ago had a little brownish spotting not much. I feel pregnant and my ovulation isnt here yet. R the strips really reliablee? Would already being preg.ant keep them from showing positiev? Please help
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If your cycles are irregular you might not be ovulating at all, and no if anything the test might indeed show positive if you were infact pregnant, infact sometimes they pick up on pregnancy sooner than HTPS. Goodluck!

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If your cycles are all over the place, FF's guess is no use and I definitely wouldn't rely on it.  It wouldn't hurt to take a pregnancy test either.  Sometimes opks show super positive while pregnant and other times they don't.  Honestly, I'd wait for a while to start trying so soon after a csection :/  You REALLY want to let your body heal for you and your baby's safety

MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Lol I said Htps, I meant hpts!

beargates
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Thanks ladies. For your info :)
beargates
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM
My cyckes have never been regugular and ive got 4 beautiful babies :)
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I agree that if your cycle isn't regular that FF estimate is useless.

How many times a day do you use the opks?  Do you use fmu or test later in the day?

Its possible the spotting on CD16 was ovulation spotting.  You can ovulate despite never getting a positive opk if you only use fmu or only test once a day.  Happened to me with DS#2 - never got a positive opk that cycle but obviously O'd because I got pregnant.

Do you get close to a positive at all with the opks?

You may want to start temping so you can confirm whether or not you are ovulating.

beargates
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Oh i just started them about a week and half ago . Just got curious. And i wait till i get home around 3 pm to do them. Once a day i dont know much about them or actually tring to get pregnant. Im going to have .to have some medical treatment. In a few years and we just want to be sure we have another little. Beforei then .. my pelvic region feels differnt i dont like anything on my scar . I hope nithing is really wrong :'( thank you gwen mb for your advice i appriciate it so much
beargates
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Oh gwen mb almost everyone i jhave took has a very very faint second line.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)