Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

blood test results

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 5 Replies
My a1c is a 5.9 definitely not good ... and thyroid is normal thank god... doc says I need to watch what im eating and exercise more bla
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM

What is a1c?

I hate being told to watch what I eat and exercise. Even though its good advice, it's annoying.

kendraamornot
by Kendra on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I think I abbreviated it wrong itd that hemoglobin blood test for diabetes. . But i have pcos im on metformin though

Quoting GwenMB:

What is a1c?

I hate being told to watch what I eat and exercise. Even though its good advice, it's annoying.

ambs86
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM
even on the metaformin ? Are they changing up your dose or anything? I hate when docs say to lose weight, its hard work!
hunnny_bre
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Yes! 5.9 is slightly elevated! Good luck, the best way for you to lose weight and eat healthily would be to follow a low glycemic index lifestyle or something similar such as paleo! You might have heard of them. They're I swear the only type of diets that work for us ladies with PCOS. And being in metformin while following the diet helps SO MUCH....

Also do a little research on Google about how grains and dairy are bad for PCOS. Its amazing...

Good luck hun! My a1c was also 5.9 a few years ago. The metformin alone will help a bit but its more like a bandaid... eating super healthy is whatcha need<3
angryuterus
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Wow, they must be super strict!  I thought anything under 7 or 6 was good for a diabetic.  Maybe that's for a type 1 diabetic??  Anyway, I think you're doing good!  I would totally way higher!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)