Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone else using lotion/cocoa butter/whatever?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 11 Replies
I got some Palmer's Cocoa Butter today to start using. Anyone else?
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessM311
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I'm not right now but I did my entire pregnancy with dd and I only got 1 stretch mark. Definitely time to buy more.
Khooks
by Jessica on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I did every day twice a day my whole pregnancy and I still got hella stretch marks. I was a size 3-4 and my ds was 8.14 and a half pounds so it was probably nothing I could do. It does smell good and keep the belly moisturized lol
kslawmama
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Not to bust anyone's bubble but creams don't determine whether or not you get stretch marks. Its all about your skins elasticity. However I get itchy skin when I'm pregnant and they work great for that. LOL.

amy_dawn
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
This. But using lotion is good for your skin regardless. And stretch marks are not the end of the world. I get really big and go straight out when I'm pregnant, and my short waisted body gets reeeaally stretched out. ;-) Think of them as Mama Beauty Marks!

Quoting kslawmama:

Not to bust anyone's bubble but creams don't determine whether or not you get stretch marks. Its all about your skins elasticity. However I get itchy skin when I'm pregnant and they work great for that. LOL.

Dragonmamas
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I did with my first son and it didn't prevent strech marks, but mine were much lighter than some others I have seen.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I am not using anything right now but once I do get pregnant I will start. I think I will be using a cream and scrub made by a company called Spoiled Mama. The Palmer's butter has a lot of ingredients in it that isnt natural. I just need to find a site that sales the Spoiled Mama at a good price because its very pricey. 

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Stretch marks are like cellulite. Some women get them, some don't. It's more genetic than anything else.

teena2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM
So did I!

Quoting Khooks:

I did every day twice a day my whole pregnancy and I still got hella stretch marks. I was a size 3-4 and my ds was 8.14 and a half pounds so it was probably nothing I could do. It does smell good and keep the belly moisturized lol

kslawmama
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Same here :)

Quoting amy_dawn:

This. But using lotion is good for your skin regardless. And stretch marks are not the end of the world. I get really big and go straight out when I'm pregnant, and my short waisted body gets reeeaally stretched out. ;-) Think of them as Mama Beauty Marks!

Quoting kslawmama:

steph.sublette
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I used BIO oil on my tummy twice daily and got zero stretch marks. I understand all these mamas are saying its a heriditary thing, but I HAVE stretch marks all over my legs and tummy so i know I get stretch marks. I absolutly 100% beleive that if i did not use the BIO oil, that i would have gotten stretch marks on my tummy too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN