Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to not eat??

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 9 Replies

I know the usual what not to do and eat when trying to concievelike no alcohol no cigarette no caffeine WHAT ELSE?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Audrey2013
by Audrey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I've been told that caffeine in moderation is fine in ttc AND pregnancy. In fact when i was preg with my dd i had HORRID headaches and my ob who is one of the best where i live, said in moderation is fine ESP when taking Tylenol bc it dissolves it faster. I drank Pepsi majority of my pregnancy and wl had no issues whatsoever
Libby22
by Elizabeth on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Honestly TTC is more about what you should eat not what you shouldn't. You should eat healthfully with a focus on whole, unprocessed food - the less chemicals the better. Lots and lots of dark leafy greens for the folate. The baby doesn't share your blood supply until after you'll get a positive pregnancy test (since you are actively TTC). 

mama2gg
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
you can have caffeine and your can drink from time to time actually wine is AMAZING for blood flow.

eat like a cave women would walk the isles of the store if you were alive 10,000 years ago then what would you eat?

natural and healthy

cave Jane wouldn't have a clue what. a hot dog is or boxed meals

(paleo)
mama2gg
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM
wonderfully said

Quoting Libby22:

Honestly TTC is more about what you should eat not what you shouldn't. You should eat healthfully with a focus on whole, unprocessed food - the less chemicals the better. Lots and lots of dark leafy greens for the folate. The baby doesn't share your blood supply until after you'll get a positive pregnancy test (since you are actively TTC). 

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I've had good luck with cutting out caffeine and adding lots of lean protein and leafy green veggies into my diet. 

kslawmama
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hahaha this made me laugh but so true!

Quoting mama2gg:

you can have caffeine and your can drink from time to time actually wine is AMAZING for blood flow.

eat like a cave women would walk the isles of the store if you were alive 10,000 years ago then what would you eat?

natural and healthy

cave Jane wouldn't have a clue what. a hot dog is or boxed meals

(paleo)

I'm Mandy, mommy to Sebastian, Logan & Courtney and Wife to William. 

MrsC2011
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:08 PM

The only thing you really need to cut out while TTC is caffeine. There have been studies saying increased caffeine consumption can change the way the fallopian tubes work so that the egg isn't properly transported. Plus there is a link between caffeine and early miscarriage. Other that that, eat, drink and be merry. As someone else pointed out, you don't share a blood supply for a while (6 weeks or so).

jennibun86
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Try preseed it elped me the very fdirst time I used it!!! It is expensive, but its worth it.

inlove21
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

what is that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured