Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW DID YOU GET OVER YOUR MISCARRIAGE ??

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 8 Replies

This morning I'm looking for positive stories to help me accept what happen... my baby would be 20 months now and I'm still having bad days, is this normal ????  how did you get over it ???

Thanks for your stories...

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I didn't and mine was really early. I still have fears of losing a pregnancy. I'm on my third pregnancy, first was mc, second was my daughter, and I fear it every day. I'm not sure it's something you CAN get over, just something you kind of, get better. But never fully ok? Maybe I'm wrong. I just know it's difficult for me st least
Sophie1809
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Thanks... I'M happy I'm not alone... I was 9 weeks but the day after my lost my brother told me they were pregnant - so my niece is 1 week apart from my miscarriage baby... some days it's really harder then others...

Quoting Lyssa03:

I didn't and mine was really early. I still have fears of losing a pregnancy. I'm on my third pregnancy, first was mc, second was my daughter, and I fear it every day. I'm not sure it's something you CAN get over, just something you kind of, get better. But never fully ok? Maybe I'm wrong. I just know it's difficult for me st least

ashann5
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Mine was back in July and it was pretty early in the pregnancy. We have been ttc for the last year and I was already dealing with fertility problems. I just kept it to myself and my closest friends and I kept it out of work. I didn't want the sad looks and the I'm sorrys from everyone. Just one day at a time. I've been focusing more on being healthy and loosing weight than pregnancy. It helped a lot. I can now talk about the misscarriage without feeling like I'm going to be hysterical. I know that I will have a chance. I've also been doing accupuncture for my infertility. It is very relaxing and feels very natural. It feels so much better than popping pills every morning. AND ITS WORKING! This is just whats working for me. If you've been doing the baby dreaming I'd recommend getting away from that. Don't be hunting online/pinterest for baby stuff or ideas. It will only torture you.

tansydreams
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting Lyssa03:

I feel ever much the same way. 

ashann5
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Quoting Sophie1809:

Thanks... I'M happy I'm not alone... I was 9 weeks but the day after my lost my brother told me they were pregnant - so my niece is 1 week apart from my miscarriage baby... some days it's really harder then others...

Quoting Lyssa03:

One of my co'workers is due days after I would have been due. It was devistating to see her the first few weeks. But it got easier as I learned to accept that I would have my chance. I just keep rememebering that a misscarriage while sad is still our bodies way of protecting us. I just try to remember that maybe something wasnt forming correctly and so my body had to correct it the only way possible.
mama2gg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Well I've had a few the worst was when I actually had to HAVE my dd in 11' at labor and delivery.

For me I made a box with photos, things that she wore and keepsakes that I keep close to me.

The losses from 7-11 weeks I like to name them, and do something special so when I get to heaven I'll know who is who lol...

I use meditation and prayer to keep my mind in order and calm.

Talking about it in therapy helped a lot, visiting Graves helped as did just sitting and crying on dh
rebekahmuse
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I lost my angel baby at 9 weeks too back in 2010. I don't think I've ever gotten over it, but with time it's gotten easier. The first year was rough though even though I got pregnant and had a baby in that timeframe. It changes you for sure. The miscarriage group on here is what brought me to Cafemom, they really helped me a lot. ((HUGS)) I'm so sorry for your loss :(

coleyandtrevor
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I don't think you ever get over it. Tomorrow marks 5 years for my first miscarriage and its still hard on me. I've had two kids since and they have helped. I had another miscarriage in April of this year and my husband and I are ttc yet again. This one is harder on me though, I found out that my cousin is expecting his first baby on my due date for this last miscarriage and I know several people due around the same time. I have been hoping that I will be pregnant before then but since that is now 5 weeks away my hopes are going out the window. Having a healthy baby after a miscarriage does help, but you still think about it and wonder what if and certain dates still stick out to you. One thing that has helped me is I made a memorial video of my ultrasound pictures andcards I got. I also have a little stuffed lamb that I can cuddle with when I neneed something tangible to hold onto.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)