Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mama2gg

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 13 Replies

Are you the one TTC twin boys?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I'm trying lol
angryuterus
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I thought you were!  I stumbled across this article.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-62918/Why-folic-acid-lead-twins.html  I'm sure you are already aware of the link between folic acid and twinning.

We are waiting until Feb to sway for a girl, and I go back and fowrth on if I want to ttc twin girls or not.  Twins would increase my odds of getting at least ONE girl, and if I had two, that would be awesome.  I'm an identical twin myself and have always made them double check for multiples with my other PGs.  

So far I have being a twin, being over 30, BFing, and I'll be taking clomid - going for me.  I think I also have the higher folic acid intake, but I've only been taking 1600mcg.  I also think I started out with a twin pregnancy with George but lost one.  If he was a twin, then I'd also have that going for me.

I hate being PG though.  I don't think a twin PG would be fun and it would for sure take me out of work and I'm the bread winner.  Even with short term disability, it would suck!!

mama2gg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Thank you so much yeah I had seen this before.

I take a TON and eat a ton every day.

I hate it too but I only get one more pregnancy so I'm fx I'll finish my family off. If not I'm on with whatever God gives me.

I've got over 30,Clomid, trigger and three prefect eggs this cycle!!!

Quoting angryuterus:

I thought you were!  I stumbled across this article.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-62918/Why-folic-acid-lead-twins.html  I'm sure you are already aware of the link between folic acid and twinning.

We are waiting until Feb to sway for a girl, and I go back and fowrth on if I want to ttc twin girls or not.  Twins would increase my odds of getting at least ONE girl, and if I had two, that would be awesome.  I'm an identical twin myself and have always made them double check for multiples with my other PGs.  

So far I have being a twin, being over 30, BFing, and I'll be taking clomid - going for me.  I think I also have the higher folic acid intake, but I've only been taking 1600mcg.  I also think I started out with a twin pregnancy with George but lost one.  If he was a twin, then I'd also have that going for me.

I hate being PG though.  I don't think a twin PG would be fun and it would for sure take me out of work and I'm the bread winner.  Even with short term disability, it would suck!!

mama2gg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much yeah I had seen this before.

I take a TON and eat a ton every day.

I hate it too but I only get one more pregnancy so I'm fx I'll finish my family off. If not I'm on with whatever God gives me.

I've got over 30,Clomid, trigger and three prefect eggs this cycle!!!

Quoting angryuterus:

angryuterus
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Good luck!  I don't eat a lot of anything.  DS has multiple food allergies and since he's still BF I'm limited greatly with what I can eat too.  A perfect LE diet to sway girl, lol.  

This will be my last too.  Well, DS2 was supposed to be my last but I talked DH into trying one last time for a girl and actively trying not just getting PG and hoping its a girl or some BS like "timing" which doesn't work. lol

MissAmber6
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Eat yams!!! They help ovulation, and have been known to aid in dropping more then one egg! Good luck, twins are fun!
lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Awesome I have been taking prenatal vitamins since July that have folic acid in them :)  My mom actually bought me those ones because she said that folic acid helps with pregnancy (not sure if she is right though).  Maybe I will have have twins because I got a whole week of +OPK tests just kidding LOL :)

Quoting angryuterus:

mama2gg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

ive tried that last year hate them and only one baby lolol but i did get prego with the trigger I am going to drop THREE this cycle so FX

Quoting MissAmber6:

Eat yams!!! They help ovulation, and have been known to aid in dropping more then one egg! Good luck, twins are fun!

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Wait so yams actually help in ovulating/getting pg?

Quoting mama2gg:

ive tried that last year hate them and only one baby lolol but i did get prego with the trigger I am going to drop THREE this cycle so FX

Quoting MissAmber6:

MrsC2011
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it's not yams. It's casava which is a type of yam from Africa. Not just the typical yams you get at the store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)