Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost my baby! Update!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I lost my baby yesterday. Nobody knows why. He was there Monday and gone by Wed. I'm not sure how I feel sometimes I'm ok other times I'm sad or just plain pissed. I tried for 3 almost four years and this is what I get. I've tried to convince myself it was probably for the best.

Bye baby!

I have ultrasound picture and I'm not sure what to do with them. I don't want to throw them out, but it might be for the best. What would you ladies do?

I want to thank everyone for all the kind words and I will be keeping the ultrasound photos.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsallen3912
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Im so very sorry :(

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I would'nt throw them out, It will never hurt to make a scrap book for them. Or in a keepsake box. In the end he sitll was your baby. One day you will get to meet him in heaven. I am sorry for your loss :(

OliviaLouise29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Let your self mourn the loss. Keep baby in your heart. You will heal. I lost the first baby dh and I conceived. I was devastated. Keep your ultrasounds. Put them in an envelope and put them away if they are too much now. But you will likely want them later
Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry. No one should ever have to go through that. Can I ask how far along you were? Personally, I wouldn't be able to throw anything out. I would instantly feel guilty. Some things just happen. Maybe a form of trisomy? Your baby, though hard to understand, if survived, would probably have lived an unhappy life, with a very rare disorder. Your baby is lucky to be in God's hands and watching over your future pregnancies. I hope this never happens again and you have a healthy pregnancy when you're ready to try again.
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I would not throw it out.Keep it. Sorry for your loss. 

lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

The same happened to me February 19th I found out I was pregnant then on February 22nd I miscarried.  I had an ultrasound of my baby  but no pictures because I was not far enough along only 4-5 weeks they were looking for what the uterus looked like ect.... If I had pictures I would probably put them in my currio cabinet.  I wish I had some though :(  Life is not fair (trust me everyone around me is pregnant and half of them dont even want them) I was suppose to be due the end of October so this month I want to get pregnant more then anything so I can have some joy for this month.  It gets easier as the days go by I barely cry now sometimes I get down in the dumps but after 8 months I am just now getting into a better place I am still mad at God sometimes but I try to pray to him for things and when good things happen I try to thank him for it.  Loss is never easy and no one understands the grief until they have gone through it.

Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
We lost our first too, though maybe it was for the better. We were preventing, weren't living together, and weren't ready yet. At least, he wasn't ready yet. We weren't far enough along to have had an ultrasound done though, I never got anything besides a positive test to show that the baby was even there. Now 2 and a half years later, we have a daughter, and another baby on the way. Moving past it, and having a baby really brings you out of the funk, but the pain is always there.

Quoting OliviaLouise29:

Let your self mourn the loss. Keep baby in your heart. You will heal. I lost the first baby dh and I conceived. I was devastated. Keep your ultrasounds. Put them in an envelope and put them away if they are too much now. But you will likely want them later

Mamie_85
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

i'm so sorry. i'd keep the ultrasounds. it may be painful right now, but you might want them later.

fdp-JJ
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I'm so sorry....
Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I managed to get pregnant a month after I would have been due. I hope you get your bfp this month.

Quoting lost2013:

The same happened to me February 19th I found out I was pregnant then on February 22nd I miscarried.  I had an ultrasound of my baby  but no pictures because I was not far enough along only 4-5 weeks they were looking for what the uterus looked like ect.... If I had pictures I would probably put them in my currio cabinet.  I wish I had some though :(  Life is not fair (trust me everyone around me is pregnant and half of them dont even want them) I was suppose to be due the end of October so this month I want to get pregnant more then anything so I can have some joy for this month.  It gets easier as the days go by I barely cry now sometimes I get down in the dumps but after 8 months I am just now getting into a better place I am still mad at God sometimes but I try to pray to him for things and when good things happen I try to thank him for it.  Loss is never easy and no one understands the grief until they have gone through it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)