Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared to be happy...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 3 Replies

So 10 days ago I found out I am pregnant. This is my 2nd pregnancy I lost my first at 11 weeks with a missed miscarriage. This baby took us three years to conceive. I had to go to the emergency room on 9/30 because I was spotting they did an ultrasound and bloodwork the ultrasound showed a gestational sac but no fetal pole or heartbeat and the bloodwork said my HCG was 2,963 they said it was just really early pregnancy. I had a follow up apointment on 10/3 with new bloodwork showing an HCG level of 4,790. Then last night I went to the ER again and they did another ultrasound and found a 6 week 2 day fetus with a heart rate of 130 bpm but my bloodwork came back HCG only 5,199. The doctor in the ER didnt even notice anything wrong with that untill I pointed it out that in 8 days my HCG had not yet even doubled but even then she just shrugged it off and said at least its going up and recommended new bloodwork in 2 days. I was elated to see my little bean and a heartbeat on that monitor but now I am horrified I am going to lose this baby :( anyone have any success stories with slow rising HCG like this?...

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
crzemom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM
If you go for blood work at2 different places they have a different percentage of error or something this happened to me er thought i miscarried cuz my #s went down but when i went for a follow up with doc they were the same as they were in the beginning it was an ectopic pregnancy and that's how they found it hope that makes sense
steph.sublette
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Congraulations girl !!!

NO experience with slow HCG, BUMP

luchmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

If the babies measuring on time I wouldn't be too worried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)