Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about CM might be TMI

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok I had +OPK test last week all week last week.  Today when I go the bathroom on my light day pantie liner I see light yellow discharge (about 70% of today) and I feel wet down there, now my back pain is coming back and I have been having off and on crapping any ideas?   It was itchy down there over the weekend but that has gotten better.  Should I call the doctor?  If it is bacteria vaginous (sp?) which I get a lot then they will not treat it if I am pregnant and my OB told me that sometimes that it can go away on its own.

Any advice

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Bump

Christinadelia
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Had same issue... From what I've heard so far it's just a surge of progesterone .... Happens after your ovulation period and stays elevated if preg and goes down to prepare for AF. Iif it persists and you feel it could be an infection (stays itchy or you get pain etc associated with it) I would call doc .
Christinadelia
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Also if it's BV usually there's an odor or continued itching... I've had BV before and had no symptoms, not even weird CM. Since you just Od I would assume it's just the rise in progesterone like my above statement.
BreezeAlanna
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM

BV has a fishy odour. Typically with BV the discharge is white/grayish/milky - very watery. The vulva will smell badly but not so much the discharge. Soap makes it worse and the stench is very strong after sex.

lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I will wait it out then the itchiness deffaintly went down and just mild cramps that could be because AF is due next week or pregnancy we will see :)

Quoting Christinadelia:

Had same issue... From what I've heard so far it's just a surge of progesterone .... Happens after your ovulation period and stays elevated if preg and goes down to prepare for AF. Iif it persists and you feel it could be an infection (stays itchy or you get pain etc associated with it) I would call doc .

lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I have been using Nystatin cream that has been helping my doctor gave that to me last time I had a BV.  I only apply it twice a day but it does not say if it is safe to take during pregnancy but I may not be pregnant will not know until the 20th of this month.

Quoting Christinadelia:

Also if it's BV usually there's an odor or continued itching... I've had BV before and had no symptoms, not even weird CM. Since you just Od I would assume it's just the rise in progesterone like my above statement.

Christinadelia
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I had BV during the time I was preggers with my son whos now 5 , she had me take flagyl knowing the side effects... I was clueless and should have done my research! I had PROM at 21 weeks with him and went on bed rest for 2 months in the hospital! I don't recommend anyone using this medication while preg. The risks of taking those mess were riskier than just not treating. (Bc like you said , sometimes it goes away on its own) and I've learned natural ways to get rid of it now that I wish I would have known then.
Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
If you google it and i believe on webmd, it should say if it's safe while pregnant.

Quoting lost2013:

I have been using Nystatin cream that has been helping my doctor gave that to me last time I had a BV.  I only apply it twice a day but it does not say if it is safe to take during pregnancy but I may not be pregnant will not know until the 20th of this month.

Quoting Christinadelia:

lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I am not inserting it into the vag. area just the outside and it says that minimum is absorbed into the blood stream but considered Category C because there is not much research on it.  So I am thinking I should be ok, hey it is helping.

Quoting Lyssa03:

If you google it and i believe on webmd, it should say if it's safe while pregnant.

Quoting lost2013:

Quoting Christinadelia:

Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM
What you have to realize though too is, if you are pregnant, and you have an infection close to due date, to always take care of it immediately. Especially if you have a vaginal birth. The infection could spread any time after the water breaks. I hope you get your bfp and also that you don't get any more infections, especially while pregnant. Good luck.

Quoting lost2013:

I am not inserting it into the vag. area just the outside and it says that minimum is absorbed into the blood stream but considered Category C because there is not much research on it.  So I am thinking I should be ok, hey it is helping.

Quoting Lyssa03:

Quoting lost2013:

Quoting Christinadelia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)