Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How long did it take you to concieve after getting IUD (mirena) removed?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have had the IUD for 7 yrs now and my husband and I are talking about having a baby, and was just wondering how long it took some after having theirs removed.

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tdflood11
by Tyla on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It took me 15 months after removal am that pregnancy ended in miscarriage and I have not become pregnant again yet
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Well I am about to see myself. I had mine in for 2 years, I just got it removed last month. I had regular cycles on it for the past 6-8 months and cycled right after it was removed. I am doing an early test tomorrow to see if I am pregnant or not. We will see!

mls1425
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Please keep me updated if you dont mind. I am really excited for you and for myself. LOL

Hope all goes well.                                   

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Quoting mls1425:

Please keep me updated if you dont mind. I am really excited for you and for myself. LOL

Hope all goes well.                                   

My test was a BFN but it was super early and I am spotting so could be implantation... or I hope! I will test again next week and let you know!

mexicanluv
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I had my removed in October 2010 and haven't been pregnant yet
sunpeaches1
by Nicolette on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
7yrs? Isn't it only supposes to be in for 5?

So I had mine out in feb & got bfp in june. However it was ectopic so here I am again actively ttc this time instead of just letting it happen... (not confident of my fertility since losing a tube)
momaholly
by Holly on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM

the first time i had it removed i was calling my dr exactly 5 weeks later informing him that i had a positive pregnancy test:-) i am extremely fertile. its different for everyone

momaholly
by Holly on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM

the 2nd time i had it removed we were not trying to conceive. i had it removed because it was causing so many health problems for me. i conceived my 2nd angel baby 3 months later

Coqui17
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I got mine taken out in May of 2012, after four years, and I haven't had any luck yet. I dont now, even though everything works on both my husband and I. We have been through three rounds of Clomid with zero success.

acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I had Mirena put in after my first was born, and then had it taken out Sept. 7th, 2010. Got our BFP on Oct. 2/3rd, 2010 - which resulted in our second. Had the iud put back in again after he was born, and recently had it removed July 16th, 2013 - went through a bout of nasty symptoms (as well as a yeast infection that turned into a uterine infection), followed by a miscarriage on Sept. 3rd, 2013...AF seems to now be back on track this month, and I'm thinking I got an insanely faint positive the other day, but wont know for sure until a little later on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)