Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How long did it take you to conceive after miscarriage?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 38 Replies

I had a miscarriage July 28th at 9 weeks 6 days :( I am now having my second period since the miscarriage and I THINK I have an ovarian cyst (ultrasound schedualed this afternoon to see if I do or not). The doctor said since my period was 2 days late he went ahead and ran a blood pregnancy test (which I know will be negative). I am just wondering how long it took some of you to get your rainbow baby :) Baby dust to you all :) 

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaimielynn811
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I got pregnant in February and miscarried around April 16. I am now on my 5th cycle :/ 

Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Mc in may, I didn't even get my period back for 4 months. Once it regulated, we started trying so about Christmas, and took us until April to conceive.
tdflood11
by Tyla on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Well dang lol I hear so many women say they got pregnant the next month or within 2 months I have even come across some who say they got pregnant before they even had another period :/!! My OBGYN said that your very fertile the first 6 months afterwards so good luck!!! 

Quoting Jaimielynn811:

I got pregnant in February and miscarried around April 16. I am now on my 5th cycle :/ 

tdflood11
by Tyla on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM

So it took you about 5 months of actively trying? Im gonna go nuts lol 

Quoting Lyssa03:

Mc in may, I didn't even get my period back for 4 months. Once it regulated, we started trying so about Christmas, and took us until April to conceive.

BellaMama7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a D&C in july and got pregnant in October. 3 months.

Jaimielynn811
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

The doctors told us to start trying right away and we should be fine. My cycle lengths are going down started at 44 days and now I just started my 5th cycle after 29 days. We have been trying a lot, temping and taking opks. It's very frustrating.

Quoting tdflood11:

Well dang lol I hear so many women say they got pregnant the next month or within 2 months I have even come across some who say they got pregnant before they even had another period :/!! My OBGYN said that your very fertile the first 6 months afterwards so good luck!!! 

Quoting Jaimielynn811:

tdflood11
by Tyla on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM
My OBGYN told me to wait for one period before trying which we did. Now I am on my second period and it is 30 days from the last one! New cycle new hope!! GOOD LUCK
Quoting Jaimielynn811:

The doctors told us to start trying right away and we should be fine. My cycle lengths are going down started at 44 days and now I just started my 5th cycle after 29 days. We have been trying a lot, temping and taking opks. It's very frustrating.

Quoting tdflood11:

Quoting Jaimielynn811:

Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM
It can take up to a year for a healthy normal couple, so 5 months isn't bad. I could have tried sooner, but I wanted to make sure my uterus healed. I couldn't deal with another mc. If it counts towards anything, my cycles became irregularly long, do it was only actually 3 cycles, dec 24-26 period, jan 23-25, feb 17-19. Then Mar 21-24 was my "start of pregnancy date" I didn't find out until April 27th though.

Quoting tdflood11:

So it took you about 5 months of actively trying? Im gonna go nuts lol 

Quoting Lyssa03:

tdflood11
by Tyla on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I am so sorry for your loss!! You give me hope that this is not going to be another 2 years before I become pregnant again!! 

Quoting BellaMama7:

I had a D&C in july and got pregnant in October. 3 months.

redhead-bedhead
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM
We are still trying. I had an early (6 week) mc in 2011.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN