Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Well, good news/bad news.HAPPY UPDATE (in green)

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 69 Replies
8 moms liked this

I was wrong. DH and I talked last night and he is on board.

He told me to find out exact costs for labs, meds and IVF.

He then will go over our finaces with our finacial planner.

If everything checks out we will be moving forward! :D

The good news.

Meet with my "old" RE today.  He told me my chances of conceiving with IVF start at 18% but go up to 50% by the third try.

He has a big success rate using frozen embryos. 

The bad news.

According yo my AMH levels I only have 6 months left of TTC and the cost including the meds and blood work would be in the 20K range for one transfer plus 2 frozen cycles.

My "new" RE had given me 5% or under chance of conceiving with IVF and that was based on my AMH levels from last year which were double what they are now and by her success rates.

Her price for "natural" IVF (low dose meds) is 7K

The biggest of the bad news.

I'm about 95% sure DH will not want to spend the 20K. We have talked in the past and it was pretty much out of the question.

I have only spoken to him briefly on the phone (he is at work) but he said we will talk more tonight.

I pretty much know what he is going to say. I am preparing myself to be ready for our dreams of having a child of our own together to be over. I thought they were over anyway because of the odds my "new" RE had given me. So, I know I can do this. I will be ok. This is what I keep telling myself.

It's just so hard knowing it's really over now.

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa03
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you guys come to a decision that you can both be happy with and whether through ivf or natural methods, you get a bfp when you least expect it.
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry :( I am keeping my Fx and saying some prayers you get a bfp on your own. Have you asked about doing injectable meds and doing an IUI?
Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I'm do sorry! I hope they are wrong and you beat those numbers! Praying for you
over40bride
by Tracy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Lyssa03:

I'm so sorry. I hope you guys come to a decision that you can both be happy with and whether through ivf or natural methods, you get a bfp when you least expect it.

over40bride
by Tracy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Thank you.

Yeah. My chances with that are 4% but we have done that 3 times and I think I'm at the point were I am done spending $$ unles we do IVF.

Quoting hypnautica:

I am so sorry :( I am keeping my Fx and saying some prayers you get a bfp on your own. Have you asked about doing injectable meds and doing an IUI?

over40bride
by Tracy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Focused_Mom:

I'm do sorry! I hope they are wrong and you beat those numbers! Praying for you

mama2gg
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm very sorry
over40bride
by Tracy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Thank you. You know. I will be ok. I have had the blessing of two beautiful children.

Timing just sucks. I just wish DH and I would have gotten it together sooner in life.

I feel like less of a wife because I can't give him a child of his own though.

1. Quoting mama2gg

I'm very sorry

mama2gg
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Lord I know that feeling all too well my son isn't my husband's and he loves him as his own but he ISNT his and that does matter to me!! For four years we ttc I would cry and feel like shit like my body was broken and I couldn't give him the one thing I was SUPPOSE to as a women and a wife. I'm so very sorry

Quoting over40bride:

Thank you. You know. I will be ok. I have had the blessing of two beautiful children.

Timing just sucks. I just wish DH and I would have gotten it together sooner in life.

I feel like less of a wife because I can't give him a child of his own though.

1. Quoting mama2gg

I'm very sorry

cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My manager just got her successful ivf transplant they transplanted 3 ! Two took she's so happy. :) It could be worth it. :).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)