Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opk question?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

This is the darkest opk I got this cycle. I test at 12, 4, and 8pm. This test was 12pm on cd17. The test at 8pm on cd16 was about the same. They began to lighten up after this. Is it possible my surge was overnight between cd16-17?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

it might be possible but probably not.  your tests should have been darker than that at least.  i would keep testing if i were you.  temping along side of opks usually helps you narrow it down.  GL

BecauseILoveYou
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM
It's a little darker than it looks in the picture, my camera sucks.
I am now on cd20 and they are very light again. :/
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

During my 2nd cycle ttc this baby I had something similar going on.  Over TONS of cycles charting with my 2nd baby, I had NEVER ovulated later than cd19.  My window was cd13-cd19.  Imagine how many tests I wasted starting to test on cd10!!!  By cd19 and no positives, I threw in the towel expecting that I wasn't ovulating.  I continued to temp, however, and turns out I ovulated on cd23 just to make life interesting!  I was shocked.  We stopped bd'ing cuz DH was tired and I thought it was over for the month.  The next 2 cycles I was back to o'ing around cd14-cd16.  That 2nd cycle was also 35 days long whereas my previous longest cycle was 31 days.  Such a pain in my ass but I just gave up testing too soon. 

Quoting BecauseILoveYou:

It's a little darker than it looks in the picture, my camera sucks.
I am now on cd20 and they are very light again. :/

BecauseILoveYou
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Thank you! I will continue to test. I am starting temping next cycle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)