Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period lengths and ovulation

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
So finally after two VERY short period cycles I'm having somewhat of a normal one.

Augusts period was 2 days very light spotting with 2 days light to medium period.

Septembers period was the same as Augusts.

This period was 4 days late but I spotted for the last two days before it started. And then on the 4th day it started. I was medium to heavy for two days then back to medium and now day four I'm light flow.

Its got me wondering if I was even truely ovulating the last two months now. Ive never had short periods like that.

Hmmmm.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angryuterus
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Sounds possible you weren't.  Maybe OPKs or charting can help determine that?

sunpeaches1
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I had only 2 days of af then spotting on 3rd. Since having iud removed af has only been 3 days...
kslawmama
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I have been doing both. It was just a thought. The dr did change my thyriod meds in September too so that could have been why it was short too. 

Quoting angryuterus:

Sounds possible you weren't.  Maybe OPKs or charting can help determine that?

kslawmama
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I've not been on BC for well ever LOL. It messes with my body too much. My periods have never done this. Crazy body.

Quoting sunpeaches1:

I had only 2 days of af then spotting on 3rd. Since having iud removed af has only been 3 days...

kendraamornot
by Kendra on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont ovulate and that sounds a lot like mine ill spot for 2 days b4 af then medium flow yet light pink for 2 fays them sometimes spot for 2 days after....
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Its possible that you werent! I would try temping and charting a couple months and that way you can be sure if ovulation is occuring!

kslawmama
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I do temp and chart and use OPK's. :)

Quoting NoraDun:

Its possible that you werent! I would try temping and charting a couple months and that way you can be sure if ovulation is occuring!

mama2gg
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

im confused...if you are charting temps and using OPK they already show you if you Oed or not :)

Quoting kslawmama:

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My thoughts as well. If you temping, charting, using opks then there should be no doubt!

Quoting mama2gg:

im confused...if you are charting temps and using OPK they already show you if you Oed or not :)

Quoting kslawmama:

Quoting NoraDun:

kslawmama
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Well I do still have doubts. I've never had periods like August and Septembers cycles. Just found it odd, that's all. 

Quoting NoraDun:

My thoughts as well. If you temping, charting, using opks then there should be no doubt!

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting kslawmama:

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)