Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New IVF journey log, old one to long (11/16) update on last page

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 226 Replies
4 moms liked this

So I didnt know that post had a character limit but I have hit mine on the old post. I figured it would be easier to read by starting a new one instead of putting updates in replies section of the old one. So all new updates will be on this post.

10/26 I took Follistim a little early today due to me going in for blood work. They havent called back about my blood work so I will take that as a good sign. I know have a total of 16 eggs. While to a lot that isnt much but in my case, I had around 8-9 in the beginning of my last cycle so this is a big improvement. The doc said everything looked great and to continue on the same dosage. I will have to order more Follistim because I only have enough for tomorrow and Monday. I will go back in on Monday for more blood work and an ultrasound.

10/27 I have started to feel some bloating as well as cramps on and off and even a burning sensation from time to time. I go in the morning to see how things are coming a long.

10/28 I went in to get blood work and a ultrasound this morning. I have 4 follicles that are a little bigger than the others. I am now only showing 11 total which sucks. I honestly feel like this is my last IVF happening all over again. I know the qualiy cant be of course be seen until the eggs are removed and fertilized. The quality of these could be a lot better than my last ones. I just hope the supplements helped with that. This morning was hard on me becasuse like I said it feels like everything is happening all over again. We were on the way back to the hotel room and I could help but to break down. Writing this it is all I can do to hold back. It hurts knowing this is the end unless for some odd reason the clinics near me ever do a clinical trial. I will be now adding in Ganirelix to stop me from ovulating on my own. I guess my blood work looked good because the dosage of my other meds are staying the same. I go back in on Wednesday for blood work and a ultrasound again. Also DH is trying to as supportive as he can. He was telling me it is about quality and not quanity, which I know but I wanted to have some to freeze so I could have more babies. I also added 2 other supplements, Spirulina and Chlorella. Hope those also aid in helping with my egg quality.

10/29 Today I am still feeling some pressure but overall not to bad. I will start another supplement tomorrow(yes another one lol) I will start buffalo liver pills tomorrow. The liver is suppose to help with building and maintaining healthy blood flow. I will go in the morning to see what my next steps are going to be. Fx for more follicles that are big.

10/30 Medicine wise everything is still the same. Follicles are growing but there is a chance I now have a cyst(yay me) The doc didnt seemed worried about it so I guess it is normal. Anyway I go back in the morning for blood work and ultrasound because the days are winding down.

10/31 Had blood work and ultrasound and everything is still the same. I had a long day today though. I got up at 5:15 and didnt get to bed until 1:30am and had to get back up at 5:15 again. We went to see the Katie Couric show as well as The Phantom of the Opera. Both shows were great. The Katie show will be airing Monday. Getting back to this cycle, I have noticed a lot more discharge which is normal. I also for sure do what a cyst which the doc said was normal as well.

11/1 I went in this morning for blood work and ultrasound again. No suprise I only had what looks like 3-4 eggs. I started not to update anymore but I know several ladies look at this. Im just drained, pissed, and everything else you can think of. Yes these 4 eggs might be the best of the best but with having 2 other failed IVFs you dont have a very good out look. I have started to except that I am not going to be a mother and my husband needs to start with getting it in his head about not being a dad. My mom keeps saying it only takes one, which I already know that lol but given everything else it is hard at this point to have any hope. The doc said with just 3-4 to go for it but like with anything else it is all about the money. I guess I will do my trigger shot tomorrow night and will have the eggs removed Monday morning. I go for blood work and an ultrasound again tomorrow morning.

11/2 I had my blood work and ultrasound this morning. I have 3 follicles that are 20+, one thats a 17, 2 thats a 14, 2 thats an 11 and 1 10. I hope that the 14s make it so I can have 6 eggs. I will be getting my trigger shot tonight at 12:30 which I am not looking forward to because it is a butt cheek shot lol I go back in the morning for more blood work and ultrasound. My egg removal will be around 10:30 Monday morning.

11/3 So I got my trigger shot at 12:30 and I didnt feel a thing. I put ice on it for about 15mins before getting the shot and I was freaking out the whole time dh was getting ready to put it in. He got off the bed and I said are you done and he said yes lol This morning I went in for blood work and an ultrasound. All they done was looked for the biggest follicle on each side. She didnt check all of them. Anyway, I go tomorrow morning at 9:30 to the clinic to start the egg removal process. The nurse said I should have the removal around 10:30. Please say some prayers that we get some great eggs.

11/4 So we got to the clinic around 9:30 and was registered and ready to go by 10. The nurse came and got me around 10:15 and by 10:20 dh came back to sit with me. Around 10:30 the nurse came and got him so he could go do his deed lol They took me back around 10:40 to get my eggs removed. So I got into the room and had to lay on the table. They started my IV so they could put my happy drugs in there. They started the meds and then put my legs in stirrups before I went out. I came to in another room and had to stay in there for about 20mins to recover. I did have some pain so they gave me some meds in my IV. After that they moved me to yet another room. I got to get out of bed and into a chair. I had something to drink and some crackers. After being in there for about another 25mins or so they came and told me they got 4 eggs. Needless to say I was heart broken :( I was finally able to get dressed and leave. On the way back to the hotel we stopped at White Castle to eat. DH was ordering and I was standing back leaning on the glass. A lady comes up to me and asked if she could give me something to read and I said sure. She opens up a book and hands me a pamphlet and says we all need hope sometimes. I was so shocked I didnt say anything at first and honestly wanted to start crying. I told her thank you and that I would read it. Maybe that was a sign that everything is going to be ok. I will know tomorrow how many fertilized and when I will be coming in to get them transferred. I hope and pray all 4 of my little eggs are tough and make it and are great quality. I will also start my antibiotic, medicine to keep inflammation down and my progesterone tonight. I am not looking forward to another butt shot.

11/5 So I got the call from the nurse while I was getting acupuncture and she left me a message. She said they got 4 eggs and only 3 of those were mature. Out of the 3 only 2 fertilized. I am unsure how many they will put back. I guess if they are great quality they may only put 1 in and freeze the other. I go in Thursday at 11:45. Keep praying these little turkeys make it until then.

11/6 Tomorrow we go in to see if we are putting 1 or 2 in and what the quality of them are. I am praying they are both great quality and have both made it. I will update when I know something tomorrow. Lots of prayers needed tomorrow and the coming weeks :)

11/7 So one of my turkeys did not make it but the other is holding strong. The doc said it had very little fragmentation and was 6 cells. Most sites say they should be 8 cells but some say 6-8. I read a lot of success stories with even 4 cells. I was able to see the embryo on a tv screen while it was in the lab(kind of like a nanny cam lol). The lady in the lab removed the embryo from the dish and I seen that as well. They were doing an ultrasound while placing the embryo through the catheter,so I got to see it being placed in my uterus. :) I  feel ok right now. I have some light cramps on and off and some bloating as well. I will go in on Monday to get my progesterone checked and on 11/17 I will do a hpt and on 11/18 I will get a blood test done.

11/10 I am finally home. We got in around 8 last night. I am feeling pretty good. I am having a lot less cramps with this one than the other 2. I have been eating a piece of the pineapple core since my turkey was transferred and will continue until tomorrow. Pineapple core is suppose to help with implantation. I will go in tomorrow at a local place to get my progesterone checked to make sure it is high enough.

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jimspanda
by Christine on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Hey I've been thinking about you today. I'm going to go over to the other group when I get back home.
16 eggs!!!!
Everything sounds good, I'm glad your appointment went well.
I go back on Monday also :) Fingers crossed everything will go well with my blood work.
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I know a lot have 20-30 something but I'll be happy with 16 great eggs

Quoting jimspanda:

Hey I've been thinking about you today. I'm going to go over to the other group when I get back home.

16 eggs!!!!

I go back on Monday also :) Fingers crossed everything will go well with my blood work.

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM
How great! You know I'm 100% rooting for you!
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :)

Quoting Focused_Mom:

How great! You know I'm 100% rooting for you!

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Good luck on Monday and I hope everything is going good :) 

Quoting jimspanda:

16 eggs!!!!

jimspanda
by Christine on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Its makes me wonder how many I will have. hmmmm

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

16 eggs!!!!

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Im sure a lot more than me lol

Quoting jimspanda:

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

16 eggs!!!!

jimspanda
by Christine on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I would definitely be happy with 16.
Do you think they will know on monday with the ultrasound? ( may sound like a silly question)

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

16 eggs!!!!

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM

They will be able to count them on Monday.

Quoting jimspanda:

Do you think they will know on monday with the ultrasound? ( may sound like a silly question)

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

16 eggs!!!!

jimspanda
by Christine on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
That's good to know! Thanks. I will keep you updated =)

Quoting hypnautica:

They will be able to count them on Monday.

Quoting jimspanda:

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting jimspanda:

16 eggs!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)