Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out =[ But have a couple questions! Please read!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 15 Replies

CD31, 17dpo.

Well this morning my temp took a dunk and I felt sad but knew what that meant. It was just barely above my cover line. And then about an hour ago I started getting those darn period cramps and I just went to the bathroom and I had some spotting. I'm sure it will get heavier through the night and be in full force tomorrow. The wicked witch has arrived.

But this is a good sign, because it means I'm getting regular! My first month of the pill my cycle was 42 days and this is 31 days! So maybe next month will be my month!  :)

Does this make today CD1 or maybe tomorrow? It's just spotting right now.

Also, if I had gotten my AF on the 24th like I was supposed to, my FF said my ovulation would be Nov 7th. Does this change now that I'm a couple days late?

Wife to a wonderful man, who wants to be a daddy as much as I want to be a mommy. Hopefuly soon! <3

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CPatt0708
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

CD1 doesn't start until you have a full-on flow.  Sorry mama, but at least you have an answer so you can work on it again!!  You're in my thoughts and I have my fx for you!!

CafeMom Tickers
bellanicolexox
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks love! I just wanted an answer, and it feels good to have one. You've been one of my biggest cheerleaders, and I appreciate it. Haha.  =D I hope the flow picks up tonight so I can be CD1 tomorrow.  And I'm going to buy some preseed and try that this month, I heard a lot of success stories for first time users, and I figure, hey why not.

Quoting CPatt0708:

CD1 doesn't start until you have a full-on flow.  Sorry mama, but at least you have an answer so you can work on it again!!  You're in my thoughts and I have my fx for you!!

Wife to a wonderful man, who wants to be a daddy as much as I want to be a mommy. Hopefuly soon! <3

bellanicolexox
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

BUMP!

hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't want to give you false hope because if u believe AF is on her special journey your way she probably is. We know our bodies. But i felt like my af was coming too this last cycle but no.. she was a week late and i got a bfp.. sometimes spotting happens during implantstion, and makes us think af is coming. We can have cramping just like af when actuallyy our body is adjusting to pregnancy.

That's really great news that your periods are starting to regulate, that's always such a relief! Ok and about calling which day your CD 1. That should be the first day that you have constant flow whether its light or heavy that is CD 1. Not just spotting then later in the day a little bit more spotting. And yes when your cycle is certain amount of days longer your ovulation date does change! But good news for you is that it looks like your periods are getting back to the amount of days they're used to being! Give it another month or two and maybe it will be exactly where it was pre- birth control!!
hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry corrected some spelling and had to add a part I forgot to put in might want to read again to make better sense of my reply lol
bellanicolexox
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Thanks Bre! Yeah I 'd love for it to be a bfp, but I think she's starting. Never know though.

As for my period, I have NO idea what it used to be. I started taking the pill when I was 15 years old and I'm 24 now. Well I was on depo two years then switched to the pill. But yeah, no clue I can't remember. lol. I'm guessing it will suck. Because my bc gave me 3-4 days light periods with minimal cramping and last month I had 4 days, heavy, super painful cramping. Oh mother nature, you hate us. lol.

Quoting hunnny_bre:

I don't want to give you false hope because if u believe AF is on her special journey your way she probably is. We know our bodies. But i felt like my af was coming too this last cycle but no.. she was a week late and i got a bfp.. sometimes spotting happens during implantstion, and makes us think af is coming. We can have cramping just like af when actuallyy our body is adjusting to pregnancy.

That's really great news that your periods are starting to regulate, that's always such a relief! Ok and about calling which day your CD 1. That should be the first day that you have constant flow whether its light or heavy that is CD 1. Not just spotting then later in the day a little bit more spotting. And yes when your cycle is certain amount of days longer your ovulation date does change! But good news for you is that it looks like your periods are getting back to the amount of days they're used to being! Give it another month or two and maybe it will be exactly where it was pre- birth control!!

hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Your so welcome. The depo shot from what I hear reeks all kinds of havoc on us. You've been off that for a while though right?

Our periods should be 28 days to 35 days long to be considered in the 'norm' so if she starts flowage tmrw you are actually in a healthy cycle length! I really suggest BBT temping you won't know the ins and outs of your cycle til the whole first cycle is over with but it will tell you when or if you ovulate and how long your luteal phase is(the phase after ovulation and before af) which should be 10-14 days for a healthy amount of time for fertilized egg to implant.

Plus if you guys are in a hurry to get pregnant the Dr will want you to have at least a few months of charting ready for them to analyze before giving meds that could help speed the process up. Idk if that is something you had thought of personally we went unprotected 7 years and tried so hard for 4 years.. and were just recently really considering fertility medicines but it happened naturally...and first cycle temping. I really think its a great idea

Quoting bellanicolexox:Thanks Bre! Yeah I 'd love for it to be a bfp, but I think she's starting. Never know though. As for my period, I have NO idea what it used to be. I started taking the pill when I was 15 years old and I'm 24 now. Well I was on depo two years then switched to the pill. But yeah, no clue I can't remember. lol. I'm guessing it will suck. Because my bc gave me 3-4 days light periods with minimal cramping and last month I had 4 days, heavy, super painful cramping. Oh mother nature, you hate us. lol.
Quoting hunnny_bre:I don't want to give you false hope because if u believe AF is on her special journey your way she probably is. We know our bodies. But i felt like my af was coming too this last cycle but no.. she was a week late and i got a bfp.. sometimes spotting happens during implantstion, and makes us think af is coming. We can have cramping just like af when actuallyy our body is adjusting to pregnancy.

bellanicolexox
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Oh no. I was only on depo from age 15-17 then got off it, I gained so much weight and was so moody. I have been on the birth control pill from 17-23. I came off the pill in August. 

Yes, I have been charting and doing BBT. Aug-Sept I was just figuring it out and researching and not too accurate, but this cycle I was very anal about temping on time and getting all the right details in. Here is this cycle's chart to date
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/488a91

We want a baby right away of course, but I want to try it naturally first. It's only been a couple of months, I know it doesn't usually happen the first few months for most couples. :)

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Your so welcome. The depo shot from what I hear reeks all kinds of havoc on us. You've been off that for a while though right?

Our periods should be 28 days to 35 days long to be considered in the 'norm' so if she starts flowage tmrw you are actually in a healthy cycle length! I really suggest BBT temping you won't know the ins and outs of your cycle til the whole first cycle is over with but it will tell you when or if you ovulate and how long your luteal phase is(the phase after ovulation and before af) which should be 10-14 days for a healthy amount of time for fertilized egg to implant.

Plus if you guys are in a hurry to get pregnant the Dr will want you to have at least a few months of charting ready for them to analyze before giving meds that could help speed the process up. Idk if that is something you had thought of personally we went unprotected 7 years and tried so hard for 4 years.. and were just recently really considering fertility medicines but it happened naturally...and first cycle temping. I really think its a great idea

Quoting bellanicolexox:Thanks Bre! Yeah I 'd love for it to be a bfp, but I think she's starting. Never know though. As for my period, I have NO idea what it used to be. I started taking the pill when I was 15 years old and I'm 24 now. Well I was on depo two years then switched to the pill. But yeah, no clue I can't remember. lol. I'm guessing it will suck. Because my bc gave me 3-4 days light periods with minimal cramping and last month I had 4 days, heavy, super painful cramping. Oh mother nature, you hate us. lol.
Quoting hunnny_bre:I don't want to give you false hope because if u believe AF is on her special journey your way she probably is. We know our bodies. But i felt like my af was coming too this last cycle but no.. she was a week late and i got a bfp.. sometimes spotting happens during implantstion, and makes us think af is coming. We can have cramping just like af when actuallyy our body is adjusting to pregnancy.

mama2gg
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Both my doctors count cd 1 as spotting not flow
CPatt0708
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Hmmm weird.  Everything I have read says spotting does not count as the start of a period.

Quoting mama2gg:

Both my doctors count cd 1 as spotting not flow

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)