Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

my younger sister had her baby today

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm glad everyone is okay because it didn't go easy but damn...when is it going to be my turn? First grandkid too. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Well, that sucks!  Why not, did she say?  I very well might have slapped my sister if she hadn't let me hold her baby.  Which sounds just awful - but I can't imagine not letting a sister hold your baby (unless she's sick, but I'm assuming that isn't the case!).

Seriously, I would have loved it if any of my sisters had come to visit me in the hospital when either of my boys were born!  Or any of my brothers - or any of their spouses.  Or my parents.  I live at least 3 hours from all of them, though, so no one was able to come.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

She wouldnt even let me touch it.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

So you snuggle that baby. My cousin had the first greatgrandchild and I was a little bitter but I snuggled that baby and my grandpa made it all better because he said that that look really syited me and he couldn't wait until I had babies. And if you have to cry in the lobby where your dh and parents can hug you and tell you they know you will be a great mommy when the time comes.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM

What the hell?!  Sorry, I didn't read all the replies before my last reply.  I definitely would have slapped a sister for that.  I'm really pretty against violence, too (or swearing for that matter).  That is about the lowest blow she could have dealt.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Because I'm "barren".

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Why...?

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Quoting GoldenLinds:

So you snuggle that baby. My cousin had the first greatgrandchild and I was a little bitter but I snuggled that baby and my grandpa made it all better because he said that that look really syited me and he couldn't wait until I had babies. And if you have to cry in the lobby where your dh and parents can hug you and tell you they know you will be a great mommy when the time comes.

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I've had some people think I'm going to contiminate them. My mil doesn't want me to attend sil wedding for this reason.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

She wouldn't let you hold her baby because you don't have any of your own yet?!?

What did she think you were going to do? Snatch the baby and run down the hall?

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Because I'm "barren".

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Why...?

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
WTF?!! That's absurd!! I am so spitting mad and hurt for you that I might puke. Honestly I am so sorry.... but I am officially adopting you. Your family is insane for treating you like that. You are an amazing beautiful woman. You come on over for Thanksgiving. I don't have any sisters:-) We'll rustle up a few vabies to rub their baby magic all over you;-)
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Me too ;)

Quoting MommytoangelE07:

This brought a tear to my eye! :)

Quoting GoldenLinds:

momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM
That is so sad I'm sorry hon! I have similar things happen to me with my family so now when i look to have family support for anything i talk to dh family I'm sorry and they should not treat you like that

Quoting storkneedsgps:

I've had some people think I'm going to contiminate them. My mil doesn't want me to attend sil wedding for this reason.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

She wouldn't let you hold her baby because you don't have any of your own yet?!?

What did she think you were going to do? Snatch the baby and run down the hall?

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Because I'm "barren".

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Why...?

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Quoting GoldenLinds:

OregonMom80
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I can relate.  I am the oldest and didn't have the first marriage or grandchild.  I am the first and only stepparent though.  That has been an interesting journey. ;-)

My family doesn't really know I'm having issues with infertility, so I haven't taken it personally that everyone is thrilled about the babies.  And I love them to pieces!

Quoting GwenMB:

It does suck. I'm the oldest and kinda thought I should have had the first grandkid too. Instead I watched 5 younger siblings get married and have babies before I did - and I had grandchild #13 instead.

It really sucks.

TARDISRose
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Bump for stork to come back
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM
?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
want2bmommy86
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Im so sorry your going through that with your family, thats just awful
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)