Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

im just in a pissed off mood

Posted by   + Show Post
I should be happy that the doctor said yesterday after my lap that everything was normal. No bad tube to worry about anymore. No endo to wonder about. I'm perfectly normal. Hormones all normal. Dh is normal. I'm 29, good health, not a supermodel but my weight is pretty average for my height, before infertility we were in a good place financially and I have a masters degree in education and child development. I just don't understand why this is happening. No difference between me and anybody else my age that can get pregnant. This unexplained infertility just makes me so mad. I almost wish I had a definte reason why I can't get pregnant. Then I'd know what to do or whether to give up. This maybe
false hope thing is really hard. Sorry ladies, I'm just so mad and don't know how to deal or what to do. I have a post op appointment the day after Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Replies (31-39):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'm not a fan of using Clomid or femara if you know you're already ovulating, either.  I've used Clomid, but won't anymore.  It seems weird to me that docs prescribe it to women who are ovulating already.

Quoting storkneedsgps: I've never heard of mitral valve prolapse. The medical team I'm working with isn't using femera. They're against it, don't think it is safe. I ovulate well on my own so I don't know if I want to take anything like that. Even 50 mg of Clomid was almost too much. They wanted me to try 25 mg. I haven't been checked for celiacs. I'm pretty healthy, other than infertility.

Quoting kajira:

I understand.

couple of odds thoughts, have they tested for a mitral valve prolapse? It's common in about 20% of women, and can cause "unexplained" infertility and if it's mild enough unless they intentionally look for it, they might miss it.

Second, have you done full allergy testing? I know this may sound odd, but gluten intolerance, or even being allergic to eggs and eating them with out a typical allergy reaction could cause infertility.  So you might want to consider doing a full allergy testing work up, if your immune system is compromised, it may work harder, and make you less likely to concieve. It's worth ruling out.

I could probably come up with some random, obscure things they could check/test for that they may have overlooked randomly with out thinking about it because... it's more rare. I would definitely starting looking into other reasons besides the most obvious at this point.

There's a reason for infertility, they just can't always find it as easy as going "Oh, you have PCOS and don't ovualte."

have they considered doing some cycles with femera ??

I really, really wish you the best of luck and I know how frustrating this can be. If you'd like me to rack my brain for you, I can probably come up with some off the wall things to ask the doctor to rule out.

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Your doctor can do a PH balance, the at home kits are usually looking for yeast or BV infections, but if your acidic levels are just "off" even with out an infection, it can kill sperm off. So it's not such a bad idea to have it tested.

http://www.everydayfamily.com/how-ph-can-alter-your-fertility/

Quoting storkneedsgps: How do you get your vaginal Ph tested?

Quoting kajira:

Generally, it's kind of like a heart murmer, if it does it while they are listening for it, they shoudl be able to hear it, otherwise, it takes an EEG and some fancier testing. They generally don't do anything about it, but it does increase your infection risk - even getting your teeth cleaned puts you at risk, so it's good to know and it puts you at risk for early heart issues, so it's good to monitor as you get older. (if you had it.)

Usually associated with lower blood pressure, and occasionally thicker blood that clots faster.

But, like I said, it's only like 1 in 5 women who'd have it, so it's kind of a reach if they haven't detected it by now. 

(But, I have heard/seen of a lot of women in their 30's+ who get diagnosed because until it's obvious, they can miss it.)

The other thing I would consider doing, is having your PH balance of your vagina tested, I know that sounds funny, but having your chemicals be too unsperm friendly, could theoretically make it harder for sperm to get from point A to point B.

Quoting storkneedsgps: How do you get tested for that heart defect?

Quoting kajira:

That is so odd they feel femera is unsafe, because the thousands of hours of research I did, showed it was safer than clomid in about 50000x different ways.

You just aren't supposed to take it *while pregnant* - which it's out of your system before you even ovulate.... either way, I got pregnant using femera when clomid didn't work, so i'm a huge advocate of keeping an open mind and not being stuck on one way of doing things.

Dr's don't always know everything, and it's okay to get a second opinion.

A mitral valve prolapse is where one of the chambers of your heart occasionally goes backwards, can cause shortness of breath, diziness, panic-attack type response, with irratic heart beats.

It can sometimes lead to hormone/chemical imbalances such as infertility as a weird side effect, about 20% of women have one.

You probably don't.... but if they can't find anything else, besides allergy testing, clearing your tubes, checking sperm, I would definitely start looking at really unusual reasons.

Quoting storkneedsgps: I've never heard of mitral valve prolapse. The medical team I'm working with isn't using femera. They're against it, don't think it is safe. I ovulate well on my own so I don't know if I want to take anything like that. Even 50 mg of Clomid was almost too much. They wanted me to try 25 mg. I haven't been checked for celiacs. I'm pretty healthy, other than infertility.

Quoting kajira:

I understand.

couple of odds thoughts, have they tested for a mitral valve prolapse? It's common in about 20% of women, and can cause "unexplained" infertility and if it's mild enough unless they intentionally look for it, they might miss it.

Second, have you done full allergy testing? I know this may sound odd, but gluten intolerance, or even being allergic to eggs and eating them with out a typical allergy reaction could cause infertility.  So you might want to consider doing a full allergy testing work up, if your immune system is compromised, it may work harder, and make you less likely to concieve. It's worth ruling out.

I could probably come up with some random, obscure things they could check/test for that they may have overlooked randomly with out thinking about it because... it's more rare. I would definitely starting looking into other reasons besides the most obvious at this point.

There's a reason for infertility, they just can't always find it as easy as going "Oh, you have PCOS and don't ovualte."

have they considered doing some cycles with femera ??

I really, really wish you the best of luck and I know how frustrating this can be. If you'd like me to rack my brain for you, I can probably come up with some off the wall things to ask the doctor to rule out.

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I've already tried dietary changes. I've tried vitamins, I've tried cutting out soda, I've tried all the natural approaches. My weight is not an issue. I'm past that point.

Quoting abt1019:

You're missing the point and have a weak analogy in your arguement. I had no idea I had an allergy until I was tested, after I cut the food out of my diet my reproductive cycle went normal (along with my fertility). You could have no symptoms and have a gluten issue or other food related issue manifesting as unexplained infertility. The only way to tell is to give it a try. But I can see you don't want to alter your diet. Clearly it can't be food related, right? Because the doctors know what's going on with you. Weight problems are another reason for "unexplained infertility" if you're overweight. One shoe does not fit all and your sister clearly doesn't have a fertility problem if she's eating crap and popped out a kid, but you have a fertility problem, not her, her diet is irrelevant. 

^ above was not said snarky (I'm very matter-of-factly). But I'll be honest, your total dismissal of something completely relevant kind of pissed me off a bit and I had to walk away from the computer. You asked for advice then turned around and dismissed it on the grounds your unhealthy sister got pregnant so clearly you can get pregnant. Everyone's body is different. It's why some of us have fertility problems and others don't. Like I said before, it's not one shoe fits all. Something in your lifestyle or environment, or your health, is causing this unexplained infertility. You can't dismiss ANYTHING at this point. Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Quoting storkneedsgps: I'm pretty healthy other than the infertility. I just have several pregnant family members right now who eat very unhealthy. Heck my cousin grew up in a Meth house and her and her dh smoked pot at their wedding and she got pregnant easily so I have trouble believing it could be that. My sister got pregnant living on a diet of TV dinners and diet soda.

Quoting abt1019:

So sorry. :( I know not knowing what's wrong can be harder than dealing with the diagnosis! Have you tried diet change? Like cutting out processed food/fast food/anything not eaten in a somewhat natural state and soda? It's helped me a ton this year! If everything medical checks out, is there a possibility it could be environmental? My PCOS was cured from a diet change (not even joking, I don't have any signs and my cysts are almost completely gone now and they took it off my list of chronic illnesses). 

Hang in there! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I think you're missing what stork is saying.  She already eats a healthy diet.  She isn't completely dismissing the idea of a food allergy type issue (based on other responses).  You're initial response was just talking about eating healthy, not about whether a food allergy is causing her issues.

What she's expressing is a common frustration.  Why do the obese, the meth addicts, the people who live off fast food get pregnant so easily when someone who eats a healthy diet & takes care of herself doesn't?

Quoting abt1019:

You're missing the point and have a weak analogy in your arguement. I had no idea I had an allergy until I was tested, after I cut the food out of my diet my reproductive cycle went normal (along with my fertility). You could have no symptoms and have a gluten issue or other food related issue manifesting as unexplained infertility. The only way to tell is to give it a try. But I can see you don't want to alter your diet. Clearly it can't be food related, right? Because the doctors know what's going on with you. Weight problems are another reason for "unexplained infertility" if you're overweight. One shoe does not fit all and your sister clearly doesn't have a fertility problem if she's eating crap and popped out a kid, but you have a fertility problem, not her, her diet is irrelevant. 

^ above was not said snarky (I'm very matter-of-factly). But I'll be honest, your total dismissal of something completely relevant kind of pissed me off a bit and I had to walk away from the computer. You asked for advice then turned around and dismissed it on the grounds your unhealthy sister got pregnant so clearly you can get pregnant. Everyone's body is different. It's why some of us have fertility problems and others don't. Like I said before, it's not one shoe fits all. Something in your lifestyle or environment, or your health, is causing this unexplained infertility. You can't dismiss ANYTHING at this point. Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Quoting storkneedsgps: I'm pretty healthy other than the infertility. I just have several pregnant family members right now who eat very unhealthy. Heck my cousin grew up in a Meth house and her and her dh smoked pot at their wedding and she got pregnant easily so I have trouble believing it could be that. My sister got pregnant living on a diet of TV dinners and diet soda.

Quoting abt1019:

So sorry. :( I know not knowing what's wrong can be harder than dealing with the diagnosis! Have you tried diet change? Like cutting out processed food/fast food/anything not eaten in a somewhat natural state and soda? It's helped me a ton this year! If everything medical checks out, is there a possibility it could be environmental? My PCOS was cured from a diet change (not even joking, I don't have any signs and my cysts are almost completely gone now and they took it off my list of chronic illnesses). 

Hang in there! 

abt1019
by Allison on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Have you tried acupuncture? That's worth a shot, too. I've heard of it working. I plan on doing that next cycle if my pap goes well aand it'll be interesting if I get pregnant. My friend graduated a phd program in Chinese medicine and is always trying to get me in. I looked up some info but I don't know much about it.

Quoting storkneedsgps: I've already tried dietary changes. I've tried vitamins, I've tried cutting out soda, I've tried all the natural approaches. My weight is not an issue. I'm past that point.

Quoting abt1019:

Quoting abt1019:

Hang in there! 

abt1019
by Allison on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I take things literally, my apologies. If it's not said I won't understand it. Good ol aspergers.

Quoting GwenMB:

I think you're missing what stork is saying.  She already eats a healthy diet.  She isn't completely dismissing the idea of a food allergy type issue (based on other responses).  You're initial response was just talking about eating healthy, not about whether a food allergy is causing her issues.

What she's expressing is a common frustration.  Why do the obese, the meth addicts, the people who live off fast food get pregnant so easily when someone who eats a healthy diet & takes care of herself doesn't?

Quoting abt1019:

Quoting abt1019:

Hang in there! 

KJ786
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I'm so sorry. :( The doctors didn't know what was wrong with me for the longest time either, and I would say that is definitely the hardest part about infertility when trying to conceive, not knowing what is wrong with you because then you don't know how to fix it! What do you think your next step will be? Have you considered IVF?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nankwalu
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:16 AM

problems have soulutions, i pray that your doc identifies your problem then the solution will be meet. good luck

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM
They want me to do more clomid and iui. I'm just not sure if I would do ivf. It is so expensive and no guarantee it would work.

Quoting KJ786: I'm so sorry. :( The doctors didn't know what was wrong with me for the longest time either, and I would say that is definitely the hardest part about infertility when trying to conceive, not knowing what is wrong with you because then you don't know how to fix it! What do you think your next step will be? Have you considered IVF?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)